Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-18 19:09:31

sara_sve_swe

CE3 Web Publishing Bundle for beginners

I soon give up!
Can someone in a simple way how to work in CE3 Web Publishing Bundle.
I do not know what I'm going to have all the modules? If you make the whole site in Page?
Please explain in a simple way so I started. Would appreciate if someone can explain and not just post links to various documents.

What have the following to.

TTG CE2 Auto Index 5.3.1
TTG CE Highslide Gallery 4.2.6
TTG CE 2 Page 5.2.5
TTG CE 2 Page bit 5.2.5
TTG CE 2 Photoswipe Gallery 1.1.6
TTG Auto Index CE 3
TTG Auto Index CE 3 Enabler
TTG CE 3 Gallery
TTG CE 3 Pages
CE 3 TTG Viewport Sizer

Thanks in advance!

#2 2013-05-18 22:07:49

rod barbee
Website

Re: CE3 Web Publishing Bundle for beginners

Unless you're also going to use the TTG CE2 Cart, you can ignore all those plug-ins that have CE2 in their name.

TTG CE3 Pages creates the framework for your site. Style it the way you like. Export from Lightroom, this creates a folder with all the needed files and folders. Using an FTP program upload the contents of that exported folder to the root of your site.

Publisher needs to be installed differently than the other plug-ins. Sorry, but the best explanation for how to do that is the documentation.
Basically you need to install the plug-in itself using Lightroom's Plug-in Manager.
The folder named "publisher" needs to be uploaded to the root of your site.

CE3 Gallery will be used to create templates which Publisher can then use to create Albums. Style CE3 Gallery the way you like. Export from Lightroom and upload the entire exported folder to the /publisher/templates/ folder on your site.

CE3 Autoindex will be used to create templates which Publisher can then use to create Album Set. Album Sets are used to further organize your albums.
Style, Export, and then upload to the /publisher/templates_autoindex/ folder.

From the Lightroom Library module, go to the Publisher Services control pane to set up Publisher. I can't explain that any better than the documentation, so I'll refer you there again.

After you've set up Publisher, use it to create an Album. Add pictures to the album and click the Publish button.

Album Sets are created the same way as Albums only you can't add pictures to them. Instead you can create Albums within them. You can also drag existing albums into Album Sets from Publisher. Whatever you do will also be done on the server.

Autoindex Enabler is used if you're creating non-TTG galleries that you want an Autoindex to "see". You cand use those galleries with Publisher. If you're not going to create any galleries other than TTG galleries you can ignore Enabler.

Viewport Sizer simply lets you set up a Lightroom working space so you can see how your site will look on different devices.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2013-05-18 22:34:03

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#4 2013-05-18 23:02:50

sara_sve_swe

Rod Barbee -> I really appreciate you taking the time to answer so far and extensively.
Now I think it's easier to get on.

Thank you again!

Matthew->Since my English is bad, so I use Google translate, but it will be very wrong! such documents do not give me that much. Have you made any video for beginners? Thank you for your help.

#5 2013-05-20 19:29:56

sara_sve_swe

Hi
Now I've got a good bot down the road, but there are some things I wonder about.

I have created the layout in Page and now I want to create a gallery, when I go into TTG CE3 Gallery so I do not get with me settings from Page. What am I doing wrong?

When I click on Release tool and will create an album Colours I get the following error message. Unable-to-perform action: list template

Somehow deficiencies in my knowledge how I shall use TTG.

Hope someone can explain in a simple way what I'm doing wrong! I have tried to read the manual and even looked on Youtube, but I do not understand yet how it fits together and how to do.

#6 2013-05-20 19:55:11

Matthew
Administrator
Website

I have created the layout in Page and now I want to create a gallery, when I go into TTG CE3 Gallery so I do not get with me settings from Page. What am I doing wrong?

http://ce3wiki.theturninggate.net/doku. … en_engines

When I click on Release tool and will create an album Colours I get the following error message. Unable-to-perform action: list template

http://ce3wiki.theturninggate.net/doku. … _templates

Matt

#7 2013-05-21 04:37:30

sara_sve_swe

Hi Matthew!
The first guide was no problem to solve, but I got stuck on the other, I am unsure how to create a gallery? Do you have any documents or video how to create a gallery? Shall I do it in Pages or in the Gallery?

I have tried all day, but I will not further!

I got the following error when I'd created a gallery for publishing services
and create Albums

Unable-to-perform action:
goat SetupForTemplate
Renditions file is empty

I understand that you think I'm tough, but I wrote this on the forum before I bought CE3 Web Publishing Bundle that I was not good at computers. I was told that there would be no problem :-)

I really appreciate the work you do with TTG and helping me.
To me TTG incredibly large and advanced.

Thanks in advance

#8 2013-05-21 04:56:09

rod barbee
Website

Create galleries using the TTG CE3 Gallery plug-in. More here in Matt's beginner's tutorial on the basics of creating a website.
And you can find more specifics about various aspects of CE3 Gallery here: http://ce3wiki.theturninggate.net/doku. … e3_gallery

The reason you're getting that error is probably because you haven't created and uploaded a template for Publisher. Album templates are created with TTG CE3 Gallery. Export it like a normal gallery and upload the entire exported folder to the /publisher/templates/ folder. (you don't need to include any images when creating these templates)
Here is the documentation that covers creating a template: http://ce3wiki.theturninggate.net/doku. … _templates

You really don't need to be good at computers (being good being very relative). I think the problem is probably the language barrier. So keep giving it a try and keep asking questions.

Basically:

Create your site with Pages. This creates Home page, Galleries page, About, Contact, Info, and Services pages. It also creates the all important galleries/ folder, where your galleries will live.
Export and upload the contents of the exported folder to the root of your site.

Create stand-alone galleries with TTG CE3 Gallery. Export, and upload the entire exported folder to the /galleries/ folder and you'll see your gallery (represented by a thumbnail) on the Galleries page.

This is the very basic of ways to get your site up and a gallery online. You may want to start here just to get a feel for how things work. Once you're comfortable with this you can incorporate Publisher. Trying to figure it all out at once can be overwhelming, so try taking it a small step at a time.
Follow Matt's beginner's tutorial and then tackle the rest later.

rod

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2013-05-24 03:25:43

sara_sve_swe

Hi Rod,
I still get the same error when I try to create an album for publishing services.

Unable-to-perform action:
Goat SetupForTemplate
Renditions file is empty

Something wrong must I do because I can not get it to work.
so I do this when I create a web gallery.
In Lightrrom I am on the Web tab, TTG CE3 Gallery is selected.
I go to the section Template Browser on the left side and press the +
I rename the template to horse and choose the folder TTG. I mark the horse in the template browser, go to the library tab and select the folder where I have them photos I want, then I go back to the Web tab and press Create saved web gallery. I rename it to horse pictures and puts it at the highest level and press create. The collections are now horse. I mark the horse and click Export, I export the horse to the desktop,
Then I send it to my website \ galleries \ horse
I go to my website and there is a horse in the tab Gallery's, and everything looks good.
Now I go to the Library tab in Lightroom and go down to the publishing services, click on the + sign and select Create Album Then I get the error message.

Please, what am I doing wrong? I have sat with detT for almost 3 days and do not see why I can not get it to work

Thanks in advance!

#10 2013-05-24 04:21:27

rod barbee
Website

You need to put the exported gallery in the /publisher/templates/ folder on the server. This will be your template for publisher. The gallery that you upload to the templates/ folder does not need to contain any pictures.
This is the documentation that covers creating templates
http://ce3wiki.theturninggate.net/doku. … _templates

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#11 2013-05-24 23:24:26

sara_sve_swe

Hey Ron!
Thanks it worked out, I'm really grateful for your help!
I do not know if it is possible to do this in TTG, I can not find how to do it in any manualt. But maybe you can make clear how to do, it is now possible to do.
When you click on the tab Gallery I want to have 6 categories with thumnails.
football
Floorball
Hockey
models
children
Other
When you click on any of these categories, you get to a new page where you put up a bunch of different albums. I shoot a lot of sports and then I want to have a category called tex hockey, during which I will be able to put up a new album for each match. hope you understand what I mean.

Is there any manual how to do this or you can make it out easy?

Thank you very much in advance

#12 2013-05-24 23:40:31

rod barbee
Website

Yes, you can do this! And very easily too.

Since you're now using Publisher, create Album Sets.

Album Sets are made with  templates that are created using TTG CE3 Autoindex. First style the Autoindex, export it, then upload the entire exported folder to the /publisher/templates_autoindex/ folder.

to create the Album Set, right click on Publisher and choose Create Album Set. It's pretty much the same process as creating an Album.
Once it's created, you can create Albums within it by right-clicking on the Album Set and choosing Create Album. You can also drag already created Albums into an Album Set from within the Publisher hierarchy.

Be sure to read the documentation about selecting a "cover" images, which will provide the thumbnail used to represent the galleries contained within the Album Set.

Rod

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#13 2013-05-25 21:02:35

sara_sve_swe

Now I stand to it! Yesterday I did something so all my settings were lost, and I was back where I started ..
I've sat all night and made the page as it was, but now that I'm going to do this, http://ce3wiki.theturninggate.net/doku. … en_engines
Share Templates Between Web Engines
After I've made the changes in gallery.lrtemlate it will come not through.
I look in Windows Explorer so you do not see any LR icon when I select the file gallery.lrtemplate (I click on the second file page.lrtemplate, you will see an icon LR) What I see is a bunch of weird characters. I do not know what I'm doing wrong? After I made the changes in TextWrangler I click save and replace.

Hope someone can help me
How do you take backup of the site, so it will not be like yesterday?

#14 2013-05-25 21:17:17

Matthew
Administrator
Website

How do you take backup of the site, so it will not be like yesterday?

Save a template using the Template Browser, left side of the Web module.

Matt

#15 2013-05-25 21:47:32

sara_sve_swe

:-) I probably do not know what I'm doing!
I went into the folder Web Templates and removed gallery.lrtemplates.
When I started LR as was the gallery updated with my settings.
I do not understand how it happened!
But you want me to mark my page.lrtemplate in template reader and exports? I can not find save!

#16 2013-05-25 21:56:50

rod barbee
Website

As you work on your site, save your settings in the Template Browser as you go
http://ce3wiki.theturninggate.net/doku. … te_browser

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#17 2013-05-30 01:43:27

sara_sve_swe

Hello,
I have almost finished my website done now, but I would like to make an adjustment in Pages page. I'm not sure what files I need to send up after I made a small layout change, Tex if I send it all up then writes the course of Phplugins and Galleries. Anyone can help me?

#18 2013-05-30 03:12:26

rod barbee
Website

If you're just changing text in the text block on a page, then you just need to upload the appropriate file from the fragments/ folder. For example, if you change the text on the Home page, upload the fragments/home.html file.

If you're making stylistic changes like colors or fonts or drop shadows, or the like, then you only need to uploaded the css files found in /resources/css. There are three of them, but since they're not large files, just upload them all instead of trying to figure out which one you really need.

If using PHPlugins, DO NOT upload the phplugins/ folder after an export, you'll just overwrite any customizations you've done with that file.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#19 2013-05-30 09:06:26

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Our guidelines for updating Pages installations are here:
http://ce3wiki.theturninggate.net/doku. … s_versions

In short, upload everything except the /galleries/ and /phplugins/ folders.

Matt

#20 2013-06-06 01:03:53

sara_sve_swe

Hi, When I change something in an image and then publish it with TTG CE3 Publisher, then do not hit the change in, nothing happens on my website!
What could be wrong?

#21 2013-06-06 02:03:16

rod barbee
Website

In the Publisher setup, make sure that the "Push metadata without updating existing photos" box is not checked.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#22 2013-06-06 02:20:10

sara_sve_swe

In the Publisher setup, husband surethat the "Push metadata without updating Existing photos" box is not checked.

Thanks so much ! it was checked.

I've moved the site from being a subdomain of it now lies directly in the root of my site.

It was pretty much, much trouble, but most of it is probably loose,

Last edited by sara_sve_swe (2013-06-06 02:27:27)

#23 2013-06-06 02:26:25

rod barbee
Website

But when I shall create an Album set so it does not exist in sets.

I'm not really sure what you mean. Album sets will always be sets. They will always be in either the top level gallery folder or in other albums sets.
And autoindexes used for Publisher will always need to be uploaded to the templates_autoindex/ folder

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#24 2013-06-06 02:29:13

sara_sve_swe

I chose nothing and then it worked. Thank you very much, much for all the help I got from you!
I'm starting to like the program more and more, I think it will be really good when I got it all working.

#25 2013-06-15 05:26:19

sara_sve_swe

I have a small problem that I sat through a few hours, but I can not find a solution, so I hope you can help me.
On the first page I have a slideshow (galleria slideshow), I would like it to come a little higher up on the page. In lightroom, it looks good but not on my website. I have tried to export the page and replace utt css files, but also the entire folder resources. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Board footer