Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-13 04:43:48

donfink
Website

Synchronizing Templates

I'm in the process of building a new site from scratch using Wordpress and a few items from the CE3 library. I haven't purchased the CE3 stuff yet, but rather have been fiddling with my older versions to see if everything is going to work out like I want, and as I expected, it looks like I'll be able to build a great site from these combinations.

One issue I was wondering about, though, was if anyone knows how I can (or "if" I can) "Synchronize" my template files. When I get a really good theme built for Wordpress, for example, I would like to get the galleries looking like they belong to the site. I might even want to build a static page or two from the "Pages" module, I don't know. I would also like to have several different themes built for different occasions, and all that can end up being a lot of time if I have to do each one by hand, from scratch.

Rather than go through all the templates line by line to make everything the same, it seems like it would be easier if there were a way to transfer the settings over from one template to the next.

Thanks,

#2 2013-05-13 04:59:26

donfink
Website

Re: Synchronizing Templates

As Matt has said many time on this web site, Read the Documentation first.

I thought I had relative to this topic, but almost immediately after I posted this question, I stumbled across the answer. If anyone's interested, there's an explanation here:

http://ce3wiki.theturninggate.net/doku. … en_engines

Seems pretty straight forward.

Board footer