Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-05 06:18:40

phillip

Fully EXPANDED images & weird text on thumbnail

I wanted to let people know that I have found a way to get images to always open in their fully expanded view.  Having captions on images can make images usually open up quite small.  I didn't like the aesthetics of that and discovered that by adding hs.allowSizeReduction = false; to the custom.js file the issue seems solved and I have not noticed any problems on viewing from desktop or mobile devices.

If anyone knows if this could be bad for some reason please inform. 

2.Also I was wondering if anyone knows why one photo I have always comes up with caption text over the thumbnail.  The text is blue and looks look it might be a hyperlink and changes red when clicked.  No other photos of mine do that.  I'm guessing there might be something with text formatting, but haven't figured it out yet.  I have noticed that it at Least goes away in LR thumbnail previews in HSGallery when I remove<br/><br/> from the captions to divide paragraphs, but upon exporting the text is still there.  Other photos are formatted with similar html in captions and have no problems though, so it doesn't make sense.  Any thoughts or similar experiences?

Thanks!

#2 2013-05-05 14:47:44

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Fully EXPANDED images & weird text on thumbnail

2. Also I was wondering if anyone knows why one photo I have always comes up with caption text over the thumbnail.  The text is blue and looks look it might be a hyperlink and changes red when clicked ...

Sounds like the content of the caption may be breaking the source code syntax. Without seeing the source for the image and caption, though, I can't say one way or the other. A link would be helpful.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2013-05-06 03:28:18

phillip

Re: Fully EXPANDED images & weird text on thumbnail

Update:

Thanks to Matt it has been discovered that it was double quotations marks causing the text to come up on the thumbnail and the <br/> html doesn't seem to be problematic.  I found it interesting that it has something to do with the combination of double quotes and having more than 1 paragraph.  Another photo with caption had double quotes too, but no problem until I added another paragraph to it to see if that was it.  So for those interested use single quotes instead and all will be good.

Board footer