Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-26 03:53:28

HaraldJ
Website

CE4 on Win10 - all settings have gone

Hi there,

Thanks for reading! I have switched a lot of photo work to a Mac, but almost all of my website content is on a Win10 machine with LR6 and the full CE4 product line.

When I wanted to change a virtual tour on a CE4 Stage site, I found that all plugins had disappeared from Lightroom. It was easy to install CE4 Publisher again, and all the plugins, including Stage, appeared again in the web view, but all the settings seem to have gone.

Does anyone know where they are stored? I guess it's somewhere in the LR6 database, but it there a way to get them back?

Would a restore of an older version of the LR6 database help?

If all that fails - where, on a website, is the content of a page (https://www.haraldjoergens.com/panoramas/lancaster/) stored, in case I have to edit directly, without LR?

Thanks!!!

Harald

Harald Joergens ARPS
Harald Joergens Photography
Nutfield, Surrey, UK

#2 2020-02-26 13:27:55

rod barbee
Website

Re: CE4 on Win10 - all settings have gone

If I remember correctly, where that information is stored depends.

If it was just stored in the individual web galleries (or the web galleries that makes up templates if you were using Publisher), then I think those settings were stored in the catalog.

If you had made any web templates, then those were stored in the Lightroom\Web Templates/ folder
(C:\username\appdata\roaming\adobe\Lightroom\Web Templates\)
Unless your Lightroom settings are set to store presets with the catalog.

If it's any of the "stored in catalog" options, then you need to be using the catalog that created the web galleries or web templates. Or a backup of that catalog.

If you weren't storing presets with the catalog, then Web Templates should be in the Lightroom\Web Templates\ folder. If they're not there, then perhaps they are on another computer? Or in a backup of the Lightroom\ folder? (Lightroom does not back up that folder).

If I remember correctly.....

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer