Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-02 05:44:29

daBernd
Website

CE4 Upgrade to Backlight 2 - in Lightroom

I am about to upgrade from CE4 to Backlight.
There seems to be an issue moving the existing galleries inside Lghtroom from CE4 Publisher to the new Backlight Publisher.
I migrated the CE4 to Backlight inside the Backlight Admin on the Website. So the Galleries are visible on the Admin page, and also on the website itself.
I then move all images from a CE4-Publisher-Gallery to a new Backlight-Publisher-Gallery inside Lightroom.
Then I delete the respected CE4-Gallery in Lightroom. But the Gallery is the still bee seen on the Gallery Page of the Website -but without content (404).
I have to manually remove the CE4-Gallery on the Admin Page of Backlight.

Is'nt there a more workflow-like style of doing this?

It's really hard enought to migrate all the styles I had in CE4 for my Galleries site. This is really no fun for more than 10 Galleries. And you have to do this for each type.

#2 2020-02-02 05:47:15

rod barbee
Website

Re: CE4 Upgrade to Backlight 2 - in Lightroom

you shouldn't need to delete the CE4 Publisher Gallery in Lightroom. The new Backlight Publisher plugin will just take over those albums.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2020-02-02 11:49:51

daBernd
Website

the "updated" Galeries I have online, do not show up in the Lightroom Publisher for Backlight. They still reside in the CE4 Publisher.

#4 2020-02-02 13:28:36

rod barbee
Website

Did you leave ttg-be/ in place when you ran the migration tool?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2020-02-02 19:27:13

daBernd
Website

yes, the ttg-be is still where it was before I upgraded, but the website of ttg-be is not accessible anymore.

#6 2020-02-02 22:39:50

rod barbee
Website

This is what is confusing:

I then move all images from a CE4-Publisher-Gallery to a new Backlight-Publisher-Gallery inside Lightroom.
Then I delete the respected CE4-Gallery in Lightroom. But the Gallery is the still bee seen on the Gallery Page of the Website -but without content (404).

Can you elaborate on what you did with the album?
You shouldn’t have needed to delete the album in Lightroom, the migrate process puts the album under control of the Backlight version of TTG Publisher.
By “delete the CE4-Gallery in Lightroom” are you referring to a gallery you created? an album in CE4 Publisher? Or the CE4-Gallery web module plug-in?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2020-02-03 07:16:56

daBernd
Website

I do not know what really was the reason, but I also had problems uploading new Albums. So I reinstalled the publisher plugin and tried again. Then at least the upload of the new galleries worked. Maybe I've done something wrong installing the plugin.
I used this Weekend for Upgrading all my Galleries by hand as described. I thought there should have been a possibility of "Upgrading" by the Plugin Manager but it didn't show up as it did from CE3 to CE4.
For now I'm done with upgrading ...

Board footer