Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-09 03:38:59

skentros

Planned Backlight 3 Release in Next Year?

Hello, I'm a C4 user and I'm planning to upgrade to Backlight.  Is there an imminent  major new release for Backlight in the next 6 month or year?  (i.e. Backlight 3)? 

I know Turning Gate offers discounted upgrades to recent purchasers, but besides the cost, I'm in no hurry and would rather not have to learn a new program shortly after spending time learning Backlight 2. 
Thanks!

Last edited by skentros (2020-01-09 03:41:05)

#2 2020-01-09 09:33:23

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Planned Backlight 3 Release in Next Year?

We have nothing to announce at this time.

In the past, major updates have released on cycles of roughly 18-to-24 months. You make take from that what you will.

As always, when announcements occur, the blog will be the first place to see them; blog posts are shared to social media, and announcements are then echoed via our newsletter.

Insofar as learning the software, Backlight 2 is a very good place to jump in. We like the paradigm now established, and we’re not keen to reinvent the animal.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2020-01-10 01:17:30

skentros

Thanks for the reply!  I'm looking forward to using Bootstrap 2. 
Scott

#4 2020-04-18 00:36:54

Chris Kewish

I do not believe I have made an upgrade since purchasing TTG Backlight version: 1.2.3. Well that is the version that is in my Dashboard. My Lightroom Plugin is TTG-CE3-CRG. I have not purchased Backlight 2 and now want to purchase Backlight 3 when it becomes available rather than upgrading the final Backlight 1 upgrade. Currently the Client Response platform I have has been working for me but I know there is room for improvements and details that will make areas of the design layout more simple for my clients to navigate. I am not a techie so any of the technical jargin goes over my head.

As I said the Client Response is currently working so my question is do I purchase Backlight 2 and upgrade to Backlight 3 when it comes out or wait for Backlight 3?

My other question is if I do wait for Backlight 3 to purchase, will the old links in Backlight 1 still be active and usable?

#5 2020-04-18 01:40:09

rod barbee
Website

You can get Backlight 2 now. According to the recent newsletter:

Anyone having purchased Backlight 2 in 2020 will be upgraded for free. It's entirely safe to purchase or upgrade to Backlight 2, or any of its add-ons now

Do you get the newsletter? There are a lot more details there.
http://theturninggate.net/sendy/w/O1d99 … tIm763xcEA

One great part is that any designing you do with Backlight 2 will apply to Backlight 3, BL3 uses the same Pangolin modules. You will, however need to redesign your site using the Backlight 2 modules.

What do you mean by old links in Backlight 1?
Your BL1 site will need a complete redesign to BL2/3

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#6 2020-04-18 05:24:44

Chris Kewish

Great, I will look into this in the next few weeks. Thanks.

Board footer