Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-26 03:26:05

divinemayhemstudios

Formatting (color/layout/etc) not showing via subdomain address

Hello, I've created a second Backlight site for a wedding client (as I make unique sites for each one) and it looks fine with the direct link, but the subdomain link appears as though none of the formatting is coming through.

I've dealt with this before, but it was back in CE4. My question is, when I set the Site URL in the Backlight settings page, do I need to change any other settings/links to make it all work? I use BlueHost. Is there a time period that it takes to have the settings propagate through the system? If so, is there a way to force an update (DNS perhaps)?

Am I missing something simple?

#2 2019-10-26 03:57:25

divinemayhemstudios

Re: Formatting (color/layout/etc) not showing via subdomain address

It appears as though clearing the template cache has done something, whether it was a period of time for the DNS to catch up or whether it actually fixed the issue. Feel free to confirm or correct my process..

#3 2019-10-26 07:06:59

rod barbee
Website

Re: Formatting (color/layout/etc) not showing via subdomain address

In Backlight, the site url should be the subdomain url: http://subdomain.yoursite.com

if changes to design aren't seen right away, even after clearing browser cache, then clearing template cache usually takes care of things.

There are instances, like when changing language settings, where you may need to quit the browser and reopen.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer