Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-11 03:21:36

pideja

Thumbnails, size & captions...

On this site https://pideja.ca/gbc/home/, I updated the pages of the albums to Pangolin from Okapi. So, there are new GBC-page and a new GBC-album I also assigned the CSS file used in the Okapi version.
The navigation is horizontal and very simple: ACCUEIL, PRODUCTIONS and CONTACT. The album-set is labelled PRODUCTIONS. The problem is in each of the productions (Albums).
Although I tried to copy the settings from the Okapi to the Pangolin pages, there are differences in the settings, sometimes difficult to reconcile.
The thumbnail size is one issue: I can't control the container size or the image size, both way too big.
Also, the is a box below each thumbnail that should display the filename of each image. As much as I review all the Backlight settings, I can't find where to control these functions.

Last edited by pideja (2019-08-11 03:25:10)

#2 2019-08-11 03:32:53

pideja

Re: Thumbnails, size & captions...

I finally re-assigned the Album pages back to the original Okapi pages and all seems well in GBC land.

For now!

#3 2019-08-11 03:40:53

rod barbee
Website

Re: Thumbnails, size & captions...

I also assigned the CSS file used in the Okapi version.

Be aware that some selectors changed between Okapi and Pangolin. So if you see some weirdness, you may need to rewrite some css.

If you changed anything to do with image/thumbnail size or metadata, you'll need to republish.

Thumbnail captions are controlled in the album template under Thumbnail Grid > Metadata Display

Make sure that the caption text color is not the same as the background color.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2 test site, Pangolin test site

Board footer