Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-28 04:47:08

kolohe280

Publisher question

I'll be the first to admit that this is a somewhat obscure, why would you care kind of question smile

In the Backlight Publisher album set editor, there is a pulldown for cover image.  It appears to me that when that pulldown is constructed there is a limit as to how far down the directory tree it goes.  I have a few album sets go down 5 or 6 levels deep for various reasons, and if I want to set the cover image to something in one of those lower levels, it doesn't show up in the pulldown.

I know that I can put something in the custom-thumbnails directory and get at it that way, but I'd prefer not to have that redundancy if possible.

I don't view this as a problem necessarily, I'd just like to understand if this is intentional.

Paul

#2 2019-01-28 04:54:26

Daniel Leu
Website

Re: Publisher question

Just tried it on my installation and I can scroll the long list all the way down. There is a 'down' arrow at the bottom and when I hover my mouse over it, the list scrolls down.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#3 2019-01-28 06:30:50

kolohe280

Daniel, You may have misunderstood me.  I have no trouble scrolling the list - for the album set the list is incomplete. Say that I have an image located in /gallery/2018/a/b/c/d/e/f.  I am trying to set the cover image for 2018, but in the pulldown only goes down as far as a/b/c/.

Paul

#4 2019-01-28 10:52:04

Ben

Hi Paul, the code has a limit of 1,000 thumbnails that will be returned in that list.  Does it look like you're seeing that many?
If you think it's hitting that limit, then the limit can be changed by doing the following:

1. Rename the file backlight/env.php.skel to backlight/env.php
2. Edit that file, and add an entry near the top of the file for THUMBNAIL_THRESHOLD so that the top of the file looks like this:

<?php

define('THUMBNAIL_THRESHOLD', 10000);

3. Restart Lightroom

#5 2019-01-28 15:28:51

kolohe280

Thanks, Ben.  That's good information.  Will that up the limit in the Backlight publisher as well?  That's where I discovered the issue.  Due to the way LR handles "scrolling" through that list, I estimate it could take weeks to scroll all the way through it.

Paul

#6 2019-01-28 21:20:49

Ben

Hi Paul, which limit is that?  The number of images per upload?  That is configurable in the Admin settings within the Publisher section.

#7 2019-01-29 00:51:59

kolohe280

I was talking about the number of images in the pulldown for selecting a cover photo in the Publisher in BL Admin.  In any event, the env.php setting did the trick.  Thanks.

Board footer