Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-05 05:20:24

kolohe280

Album set editing

I have been using the Backlight Publisher to update the page content for my album sets.  The main reason I'm doing this is that the Backlight publisher allows me to enter blank lines in the text whereas Lightroom just clicks the edit button if I hit enter.

Today, I noticed an oddity.  The changes that I made to the album set page text in Backlight didn't get passed back to Lightroom.  I feel certain that I've done this before and it worked, but that may have been before the LR8 update.

As an experiment, I updated the text in an album with Backlight and that information did make it back to LR.

Paul

Last edited by kolohe280 (2019-01-05 05:21:07)

#2 2019-01-05 06:14:01

rod barbee
Website

Re: Album set editing

I just tried this. I never knew it could do this. Pretty cool.
Anyway, I was able to change text for an album set in Backlight and the change appeared in Lightroom.

You can still enter whatever you want in the page copy areas of Lightroom Publisher. Just use a plain text editor to write your text and then copy/paste it into the Page Copy area of the album or album set in Lightroom.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-01-05 15:36:00

kolohe280

Hmmmm.

Must have been some sort of weird transient glitch (as much as I hate using that word when describing software).  I just tried it again and this time it worked as expected.

Paul

#4 2019-01-05 18:42:36

Ben

rod barbee wrote:

I just tried this. I never knew it could do this. Pretty cool.

Yes, everything you can change in albums within the Backlight admin gets propagated back to Lightroom.  Note that you can't change the parent of a LR-created album within the Backlight admin for the reason that the change can't be propagated back.

Board footer