Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-31 01:07:33

kolohe280

Change email username

I'm probably missing something obvious here, but......

I need to change the username on my email configuration.  When I edit the parameters, that field is greyed out.  I'm using the "mail" configuration option.  If I click SMTP on that pulldown, it isn't greyed out, but that doesn't help.  So, I thought, I'll go into phpliteadmin and change it there.  No go.  I get this error message

sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in phpliteadmin.php on line 1501

I'm going to have to turn on recaptcha, since some bot has figured out how to fill in the form!

Paul

#2 2018-12-31 06:34:47

Ben

Re: Change email username

Hi Paul, the account email addresses can be changed under Backlight > Settings > Users

#3 2018-12-31 09:06:22

kolohe280

Ben,

I see that, but I am trying to change the username used to logon to the SMTP server, not the email address.

Paul

#4 2018-12-31 09:10:46

rod barbee
Website

when Using the “mail” configuration, none of the smtp parameters are editable, you need to use the “smtp” configuration.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2018-12-31 09:11:40

Ben

Hi Paul, can you elaborate on saying ‘it doesn’t help’ when trying to change the email within the smtp settings? In what way doesn’t it work?

What have you been using for your mail settings to-date? Mail or smtp?

I’ll look into the phpliteadmin error. That looks like an incompatibility with recent versions of PHP. Which version do you have on your server? In any case, I don’t advise using that approach to changing site settings.

#6 2018-12-31 09:23:03

kolohe280

OK, I think Rob answered my question.  When I change it in SMTP settings, those setting are used by the Mail version of things.  I forgot about that.

I have been using "mail".  I've started getting a bunch of spam on that address, which is only used in Backlight.  As much as I hate to, I'm going to turn on Re-Captcha on that page.

I'm using PHP 7.3 on 1and1 or whatever they're calling themselves these days!

And I agree completely with your comment about updating the database directly to change settings.  I backed up the database file before I tried that.

Last edited by kolohe280 (2018-12-31 09:48:24)

Board footer