Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-02 08:11:14

bdfisher

"Something went wrong"

I do all of the website editing locally on my Mac, using MAMP. I synchronize the local files to a subdomain on my online site using Transit. Until recently everything worked as expected, both locally and online. I have now run into into two problems:

•  Both the local and online Home and Galleries (top level) pages show correctly. The album set and album pages show correctly only when viewed locally on my computer (using MAMP). The online pages show the following message:
"Something went wrong. count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in SimpleHTMLTag.php on line 44"
I wonder if the Backlight files have become corrupted and should be re-installed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

•  The local pages for the About and Contact sections show correctly but an error page is generated by the host (1and1.com) for the online pages:
"Error. This domain name has just been registered."
The Home and Galleries (top level only) pages show  correctly both locally and online.
I suspect that I need to resolve this problem with 1and1 but I welcome any comments/suggestions.

Thanks,

Barry Fisher

#2 2018-08-02 09:55:22

Daniel Leu
Website

Re: "Something went wrong"

I would start with checking the php version your site uses.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#3 2018-08-02 10:27:05

bdfisher

Daniel,

Thanks for your quick reply!

I initially suspected a PHP version issue so I tried both 7.1 and 7.2, but the problem continued. 

After reading your reply I tried 7.1 again. This time the pages appeared as expected. This felt somewhat similar to the trip to the dentist - the ache ends when the dentist examines the tooth! 

Separate question - how does one see which version of the Backlight modules are loaded?

Thanks again,

Barry

#4 2018-08-02 11:01:49

rod barbee
Website

In Backlight you can see the version of Backlight, Designer, Publisher, Cart, and Client Response by going to the respective dashboard.

For Theater and Galleria, and WordPress, look at the file name of the zip file you downloaded,

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer