Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-07 01:13:16

TimBermingham

Template not found error

I believe I installed Backlight correctly and made a template with User Response activated.  I received a message in the Designer that the template had been successfully added and indeed it shows up as a template choice when I make a new gallery.

However, after completing the upload process I receive this error message when I navigate to the gallery's URL:

"Unable to find pageTemplate with ID 77. Try updating the selected template for the application. in EngineFactory.php on line 71"

I know very, very little about web design and even less about php.  Any help or suggestions are most gratefully received!

Tim

#2 2018-04-07 02:53:51

TimBermingham

Re: Template not found error

As suggested in the sticky "Getting Help Faster"  the password to Guest (Guest Updater) is Backlight1976.  The URL that pints to the error message I received for the gallery I am attempting to create is http://www.berminghamphotos.com/galleries/Sherrie

Thank you to anyone who can assist!

#3 2018-04-07 03:24:38

rod barbee
Website

I can get to the gallery, the url is actually http://www.berminghamphotos.com/galleries/sherrie
I can also get to it from the Galleries page.
That album is using album-template-ID-9, which is your Basic No Response template.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2018-04-07 03:36:33

TimBermingham

Ohhhhh.  So just a capitalization error on my part in the url???  Thanks so much!!

#5 2018-04-07 05:30:45

TimBermingham

I'm sorry Rod - but can you please explain something.  I published a gallery with the client response add on activated.  When I navigate to the URL for the gallery it asks me for an email and password.  Its not my admin credentials - where and how do I set the email and password that it is looking for, and can I de-activate password protection for the gallery?

Many thanks again!!

#6 2018-04-07 05:58:12

rod barbee
Website

This is the Client Management feature at work.
To get rid of the login requirement, edit the album and under the Integration tab, set Client a management to Unmanaged.

If you want to use Client Management, then create a Client in Backlight > Client Management > Clients. Then assign the album to a client.

http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … management

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2018-04-07 06:00:40

TimBermingham

Thank you again!!!!

I'm a photographer not a programmer, as you can tell and having this help is invaluable!

#8 2018-04-07 07:34:21

rod barbee
Website

You'll only need coding if you want to get into some customization. Other than that, it's a matter of getting used to the controls and scouring the docs (and asking questions).
Client Response (and Cart) get more complicated just because there are more things to consider and more settings to make. Plus sometimes it just takes a bit to wrap your head around how it all works together. But once you do, you'll find it's a pretty nice system to work with.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer