Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-14 13:17:58

johnblaustein
Website

New Backlight site a BIG success!

I've used Adobe Muse for the last three years to develop and maintain my portfolio website.  Since I don't make changes often, I find myself confused every time I revisit Muse.  I've been using Matt's LR web plug-ins (free and paid) for years, and following TTG offerings for quite a while.  Last week I decided that it was time to give Backlight a try.

I could not be happier with Backlight.  From the day I installed it to the day my site was completed and online was a mere four days!  That's a real tribute to Backlight's ease of use.

Here's the site:  http://www.johnblaustein.com/

Many thanks to Matt and his team for a great product and wonderful support!!

UPDATE one month later: the ease with which I can edit and update the site with Backlight is amazing.  I have added menu items and several galleries/albums since the site initially went live, all of this within just a few minutes. 

John

Last edited by johnblaustein (2018-03-16 07:24:24)

#2 2018-04-21 06:18:37

pideja

Re: New Backlight site a BIG success!

Gorgeous photographs showcased in a beautiful site. You should be proud!

#3 2018-04-21 09:26:34

johnblaustein
Website

Luc (pideja),

Thanks so much for your kind comments.  I've been very lucky to enjoy shooting pictures for 50+ years, and it's been a pleasure using Backlight to display a few of them. 

I've been following your site through your support posts.  Great work, too!  I love the Caribou series!  And your web technique is really impressive!  I look forward to the English version of your site so I can read some of it.  It's been way too long since I studied French.

John

#4 2018-04-21 22:53:51

pideja

Thank you, John, for the kind words. The website I am developing is for a good friend of mine who is an artist doing mainly etchings. I have a "beta" version of the English side if you care to take a peak. A message sent via the "Contact" page will reach Luc directly.

I've been a photographer for fifty years doing mainly stage production work. For a few years I've been teaching myself web technique mainly by submitting to Rod, Matt, and Daniel.

I greatly admire your photographs especially the finesse of tones and the striking light you use.

Cheers,

Pierre Desjardins

pideja.ca/luc

#5 2018-04-22 01:44:49

johnblaustein
Website

Hi Pierre,

It occurred to me that you aren't Luc (!) so thanks for clearing that up.  I enjoyed the English version of the site and I will drop Luc a note.

Rod, Matt and Daniel have been equally helpful to me, although your site includes far more sophisticated "web stuff" than what I did. 

Onward.....

Best,

John

Board footer