Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-01 02:09:15

charking
Website

Lost Gallery Albums in TTG Publisher in Lightroom

Originally I had several separate catalogs in Lightroom, each covering a different subject category. Each of these individual catalogs had their own gallery albums published to my website using TTG Publisher. With increased use of Lightroom Mobile (now Lightroom CC) I combined all of those catalogs into one. The merge worked except that I lost all my gallery albums in TTG Publisher.

Is there any way to recreate them working backwards from Backlight?

I suspect that the answer to the preceding question is no, but I must ask it ("Hope spring eternal in the human breast"). Assuming that, should I first delete each gallery album in Backlight and on my website before reentering the album details in Lightroom and "republishing", or is it sufficient to delete the Backlight album entry only?

#2 2018-02-01 03:45:11

rod barbee
Website

Re: Lost Gallery Albums in TTG Publisher in Lightroom

Assuming that, should I first delete each gallery album in Backlight and on my website before reentering the album details in Lightroom and "republishing", or is it sufficient to delete the Backlight album entry only?

You should only need to delete them from the Backlight interface. (Publisher > Top-level Galleries > name-of-top-level > Albums. Click on an album name, scroll down to Actions and delete the album.)

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your main question.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-02-01 11:55:43

charking
Website

Re: Lost Gallery Albums in TTG Publisher in Lightroom

Thanks, Rod. That worked. Deleting the album from the Backlight interface also deleted the photographs for that album from my website. I then recreated the album in Lightroom and republished.

Last edited by charking (2018-02-01 11:56:49)

Board footer