Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-05 01:53:58

Basebollfoto
Website

How to use Packages

I have been looking for information how packages work but can't find any documentation.

#2 2018-01-05 02:21:57

rod barbee
Website

Re: How to use Packages

After you've created some products, create a package (populate it with products using the different options for each product. enter a quantity)
Create a new Pricing Scheme and add the package. You can also add a package to an existing scheme.

In your Cart-enabled Album template, enable Photo Package Button. Enter the appropriate Pricing Scheme.

When the visitor clicks on Add Package in your album, they can then click on individual pictures and choose the available options you previously defined.
Once they fill the package, if they continue to add items to the cart, those items are charged at their individual prices.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-01-05 23:56:17

Basebollfoto
Website

Thanx Rod,

Now I understand and I have tried it out and also found the 'Enable Offline Digital Purchases' setting in order to handle digital downloads. It works quite well but it didn't solve my issue (close but no cigar).

I have a service where I shoot for 30 minutes which results in 3 high Q digital downloads (HQD) and more pictures are sold with standard price. My initial idea was to provide the customer with a Coupon equal to the value of the three HQD's.

I then thought I could solve this by using a package instead and I created a package including the 3 HQD free of charge. I then realized that there is no limit as to how many times you can use the package. Bumer

What do you propose? Should I stick to the Coupon?

#4 2018-01-06 00:12:37

rod barbee
Website

I’ll defer to other users who may have more experience with the Cart.
I don’t use the Cart as extensively as you do and have not had the need to really investigate using coupons or discount bands.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer