Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-13 01:10:54

kkramer2195

Auto Index and GoDaddy Subdomain - Enhancement Request

Hi Matt,

I have seen multiple posts (including one regarding my own site) about the known issue with Go Daddy's non-standard install.  I just modified one of my sites with the steps to add the SUBDOMAIN_DOCUMENT_ROOT to all the Autoindex.php files (including my template files).

Now that CE3 is complete (since I suspect that has taken most of your time), would it be possible to add a check box (default off) to indicate if the subdomain is on Go Daddy, then the Export Procedure could add the SUBDOMAIN_DOCUMENT_ROOT instead of DOCUMENT_ROOT by default?

I think that could help you reduce the # of comments opened for the same request, since you cannot change Go Daddy's installation and not everyone will jump to Bluehost.com for hosting.

I just need to now remember that every time I make a change to my pages, that I need to modify the AUTOINDEX.PHP file.....which is going to be frequently as the site is still in development, once done it will not be required as frequently.

THanks! 

Ken

PS - CE3 is Freaking AWESOME!!!!!  I like the update available this AM with the "Natural" menu options on mobile devices!!!!!

#2 2013-03-13 14:11:18

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Auto Index and GoDaddy Subdomain - Enhancement Request

Hi Ken,

Glad you're liking the CE3 versions. Sadly, CE3 is not "done". Still lots to do, like CRG, Stage, WordPress, Cart ...

Regarding the autoindex script, it's not dynamically generated by Lightroom, so we can't feed checkbox options into it without making a huge mess of things. I could maybe put a troubleshooting article on it into the documentation for reference, but that's about the only thing that can realistically be done.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer