Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-08 19:09:10

dakota20

Dual Masthead with Version 1.2.3 ?

Hi

After using TTG CE3/4 for a number of years I switched to Backlight Pages a couple of months ago. Apart from being much slower than the CE3/4 site all went well. I set up my new site using Rob Barbee's Dual Masthead template. Now, after updating to 1.2.3 (did exactly as the readme said) the site seems somehow broken - and it seems even slower than before. After a not too careful examination I wonder if the dual masthead thing still works with the new version.  Can anybody confirm this? Thank you.
Greetings from Switzerland, Peter
http://foto.descan.com

#2 2017-11-08 19:27:09

markh
Website

Re: Dual Masthead with Version 1.2.3 ?

Peter, your site seems to be working fine. I notice no slowness in clicking about the site, at least compared to my usual browsing methods.
Mark

#3 2017-11-08 23:02:11

charlie.choc
Website

When I shrink your page horizontally the masthead changes when it gets below a certain width. If that's what you mean it still works.

#4 2017-11-08 23:08:23

rod barbee
Website

It works for me too. Doesn't seem slow.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2017-11-09 16:12:47

JimR
Website

dakota20 wrote:

Can anybody confirm this?

I'm finding problems. The first time I went to the home page, it work. Then I tried the Galleries but it crashed with a SQL error, and php dump. I refreshed the page and then it rendered correctly. Then I tried to go back to the home page and it wouldn't render. After that, none of the pages would render.

I think you're at something going wrong related to the server more so than Backlight.

Looking at my broswer's inspector, loading the home page got me this:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) /backlight/publisher/resource.php?template=6&extension=css&name=style
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) foto.descan.com/
GET http://foto.descan.com/ 500 (Internal Server Error)

Eventually the server request timed out and I got this instead of your home page.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at root@localhost to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

One more attempt to refresh the home page and I got this:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 10 disk I/O error sql: 'select * from settings where 1=1' params: array ( )|#0 /nhldata/872/164872/data/web/foto/htdocs/backlight/framework/dao/PdoExtended.php(540): PdoExtended->_throwSqlQueryException('select * from s...', Array, 'SQLSTATE[HY000]...') #1 /nhldata/872/164872/data/web/foto/htdocs/backlight/framework/dao/PdoExtended.php(156): PdoExtended->_prepareAndExecuteSqlQuery('select * from s...', Array) #2 /nhldata/872/164872/data/web/foto/htdocs/backlight/framework/dao/GenericSettingsDAO.php(32): PdoExtended->selectRows('select * from s...', Array) #3 /nhldata/872/164872/data/web/foto/htdocs/backlight/designer/application/helpers/ApplicationConfigManager.php(10): GenericSettingsDAO->getData(Object(ApplicationConfigManager)) #4 /nhldata/872/164872/data/web/foto/htdocs/backlight/designer/application/helpers/ApplicationHelper.php(26): ApplicationConfigManager->__construct(Object(SettingsDAO), Array) #5 /nhldata/872/164872/data/web/foto/htdocs/backlight/framework/helpers/GenericApplicationHelper.php(28): ApplicationHelper->createConfigManager() #6 /nhldata/872/164872/data/web/foto/htdocs/backlight/designer/application/init.php(9): GenericApplicationHelper->getConfigManager() #7 /nhldata/872/164872/data/web/foto/htdocs/backlight/framework/init.php(144): require_once('/nhldata/872/16...') #8 /nhldata/872/164872/data/web/foto/htdocs/index.php(19): require_once('/nhldata/872/16...') #9 {main}|URL: /index.php

One more attempt to refresh the home page and I got the top banner, menus, and part of the main content. But it still timed out.

One more attempt (the fifth?) and the home page rendered completely and in normal time.

--Jim

Board footer