Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-04 00:32:45

MikeR

What is the easy & quickest way to upgrade existing backlight 111 site

What is the easy & quickest way to upgrade existing backlight 111 site to backlight 120a?

I don't want to change any layouts or designs on my site, at the moment, with the exception of using the Fancybox 3 lightbox
script for my 56 gallery slideshows, due to the pressure of other work commitments.
I just haven't got the time to spend ages doing it!

Would building a new subdomain & copying all my existing settings page by page into new backlight 120a templates work?
Then move it all over to my main domain? Or is there a easier way?

Thanks Mike R

www.michaelregan.co.uk

#2 2017-07-04 01:03:04

rod barbee
Website

Re: What is the easy & quickest way to upgrade existing backlight 111 site

You could do as Matt suggests in his blog post.

Personally, I'm going to develop new page templates in a sub-domain I already have for the purpose of beta testing the Pangolin release. When I feel they're ready, I'll export the template settings and import them into my main site.
Then I'll replace existing Okapi pages one by one with Pangolin pages.
As far as albums and album sets, that should be the easy part. After exporting/importing new Pangolin templates, I can just change the templates in all my albums and sets either via Lightroom or in the Backlight interface (Publisher > Top-Level Galleries then click on Albums to the right of your top level gallery. Then click Assign Templates)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-07-04 01:06:40

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: What is the easy & quickest way to upgrade existing backlight 111 site

Do the upgrade as described on the blog.

Go here to download the latest and last versions of the Okapi modules, and use them to replace the ones you have in backlight/modules:
http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … hp?id=7769

Continue to use okapi under the 1.2.x version of Backlight for as long as necessary.

To get started with the new modules, publish a new album with 10 or 15 images. Not too many. Enabled the settings in publisher to hide the album both from album sets and from search. Assign this hidden album to a new pangolin template, and create as many new templates as you need.

When ready, you can switch your page and album templates to the new one.

If you want to switch all at once, then back up your existing template either by cloning it, or exporting it to a file.

Then delete the active template. On deletion, you will be asked to select a new template to replace it. All albums, pages, etc. using the deleted template will then be reassigned to the new template in one fell swoop.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer