Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-02 10:27:58

losangeles

Nav Bar in Horizon

Hi, several times over the last few weeks, including today while on the phone with a editor from a magazine, i've had people complain that they can't navigate through my portfolio because there are no "arrows". I believe this is happening because the nav bar for some reason is invisible. It only appears if I make a swipe motion on my trackpad. Once the gallery loads the nav bar appears for a moment then disappears. So I have people clicking on the photo near the right side trying to advance the gallery which doesn't work and they don't see the nav bar because it's invisible unless you swipe. Is there anyway to make the nav bar be permanent? I am not using pagination. I just want a clean simple to navigate horizontal gallery that shows large images.

#2 2013-03-02 10:56:14

rod barbee
Website

Re: Nav Bar in Horizon

Are you referring to the scroll bar at the bottom of the Horizon Gallery?
Do you have a link?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2013-03-02 14:06:20

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Scrollbars are browser dependent. You can thank Apple for the magic, disappearing scrollbar. It's lovely to look at, but a usability nightmare.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#4 2013-03-08 09:14:08

losangeles

Hi Rod, the link is www.stevefischer.net/steve_fischer_fashion_portfolio

Thanks Matthew, so with Windows machines does it still disappear depending on browser or only on Macs? I would think Mac users are inclined to swipe anyway but not necessarily Windows users (if that's even an option on windows?).

#5 2013-03-08 09:35:56

rod barbee
Website

Hi Steve,

on my windows machine, the gallery looks normal. The scroll bar is always visible.

On my iPad, the mobile gallery takes over and presents a Photoswipe gallery. The nav controls are on the bottom and they do disappear after a short time. Tapping on the screen brings them back. I don't see any controls in the Lightroom interface to adjust this. You can also swipe your way through the gallery, which works very well.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#6 2013-03-08 09:42:37

losangeles

Thank you Rod! Glad to know it works fine on a Windows machine.

#7 2013-03-08 13:23:46

Matthew
Administrator
Website

It works "fine" everywhere. It's just a matter of how the browser maker wants to implement their scrollbars. Safari still has scrollbars, you just have to know how to use them. I grab scrollbars all the time in Safari.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer