Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-27 17:23:24

phil

trouble resetting backlight galleries

I had originally added several albums to my galleries page successfully. I needed to delete a couple of the album sets and tried a combination of deletions on the server and deletions from publisher and the backlight pages. I have cleaned up the structure and can access the new gallery by name successfully. ( pkemp.com/galleries/home )

However when I try to access the galleries page from the root web site I get a directory listing instead of the list of galleries/thumbnails.

my web site is

pkemp.com

any idea on how to get the galleries index page to work correctly?

Thanks in advance.

Phil Kemp

#2 2017-02-27 20:15:51

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: trouble resetting backlight galleries

Hi Phil,

You should never -- and should never need to -- delete albums from the server. All additions, removals and deletions should be performed from Lightroom's Publish Services.

If for some reason connections fail and manual cleanup become necessary, then you can log into Backlight's admin, go Backlight => Publisher => Top-level Galleries, and delete albums from the server from there.

Inside the /galleries folder, there should be several files, including .htaccess, index.php, gallery.xml and lib.php. These should be set in place by Backlight the first time you publish an album. These should not be removed, and I'm not seeing them in your folder view.

For now, empty your Publish Services in Lightroom. Then go into /backlight/data. Backup the /publisher folder therein, then delete it. Publish a new album and that will hopefully put everything back in order.

In the future, only delete images and albums from Publish Services.

Cheers,
Matt

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2017-02-27 23:50:08

phil

Matt, thanks for your quick reply. I have tried to empty the publisher service in lightroom and I get that 'the collection could not be deleted from the service'

I am willing to start over and re-install backlight if necessary. how would i go about deleting backlight and re-installing if necessary..

thanks in advance.
Phil Kemp

#4 2017-02-28 00:00:39

rod barbee
Website

Instead of completely starting over, reread Matt's response, specifically the fourth paragraph concerning deleting the publisher/ folder that's inside the data/ folder

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2017-02-28 00:14:41

phil

OK i did that word for word. now when I try to publish the gallery in LR I get an error. an internal error has occurred: )SON.lua:197 .....

guidance?
PK

#6 2017-02-28 00:26:39

rod barbee
Website

Are the albums still showing up in Publish Services (in Lightroom)
Are the album folders still appearing in the galleries/ folder on the server even after deleting in Publisher?

If any are, and they need to be deleted, try deleting from Backlight> Publisher > Top-level Galleries.
(Matt's second paragraph above)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2017-02-28 00:40:07

phil

Are the albums still showing up in Publish Services (in Lightroom)

No

Are the album folders still appearing in the galleries/ folder on the server even after deleting in Publisher?

Yes

If any are, and they need to be deleted, try deleting from Backlight> Publisher > Top-level Galleries.
(Matt's second paragraph above)

when I try that I get the following...

session_start(): open(../../backlight/framework/../data/sessions/sess_igg0bdp3idkajain2olgqq67s7, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13)|#0 [internal function]: ErrorHandler::handleError(2, 'session_start()...', '/var/www/backli...', 74, Array) #1 /var/www/backlight/framework/helpers/AuthHelper.php(74): session_start() #2 /var/www/backlight/framework/init.php(124): AuthHelper::handleSession() #3 /var/www/backlight/publisher/index.php(36): require_once('/var/www/backli...') #4 {main}|URL: /backlight/publisher/index.phpUnknown: open(../../backlight/framework/../data/sessions/sess_igg0bdp3idkajain2olgqq67s7, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2)|Unknown|0

??

#8 2017-02-28 00:41:36

phil

I erred...

No

#9 2017-02-28 00:58:57

rod barbee
Website

At this point, this is what I would try:

Make sure all albums are deleted from Lightroom and the server.
Empty the /galleries/ folder on the server.
Delete the publisher/ folder inside of /backlight/data/

Try publishing an album.

If you want to start from scratch, the way to uninstall Backlight is to simply delete the backlight folder on the server. But if you choose to do this, be sure you export your page, album set, and album templates first so you won't have to start from scratch with your design. You can do this by going to the Templates page in Backlight, click on the name of a template, and then click on Export Template. You'll save the template to your computer and you can import it into the new installation.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2017-02-28 01:30:38

phil

At this point, this is what I would try:
Make sure all albums are deleted from Lightroom and the server.
Empty the /galleries/ folder on the server.
Delete the publisher/ folder inside of /backlight/data/
Try publishing an album.

Nope still getting errors...

If you want to start from scratch, the way to uninstall Backlight is to simply delete the backlight folder on the server. But if you choose to do this, be sure you export your page, album set, and album templates first so you won't have to start from scratch with your design. You can do this by going to the Templates page in Backlight, click on the name of a template, and then click on Export Template. You'll save the template to your computer and you can import it into the new installation.

I went ahead and re-installed from scratch. At least the menus are working now. didn't think about the export/import function but i didnt lose that much work.

thanks for your help. hopefully I can get things going this time.

Phil

Board footer