I changed my site to an SSL site a few weeks ago. But I find that now the Fotomoto widget is not operating properly. Before the changeover, it was working fine. Images are being blocked from the Fotomoto site. In other words Fotomoto can't access them. See here for example: https://wheelerimaging.com/testing-106/ When clicking on the shopping cart the widget comes up, but with the message that image pricing cannot be determined at this time, etc.
I have been working with the folks at Fotomoto to solve it, but we have not found anything yet. They say all my storefront operations are set-up properly, and all looks good on their end. I tried working with my host (Network Solutions), but they were of Zero help, basically saying it was not their problem. By all info I have looked into, Fotomoto should work with SSL enabled sites. So should CE4 Gallery.
So, I am going to try here again, to see if Ben or Matt, or anyone else may have an insight into this that may solve it, or at least isolate the problem. I doubt this is a problem with the CE4 Gallery engine, but perhaps I am overlooking something. I realize changing hosts may be the solution, but won't know that until I actually go through that whole process.
I touched on this issue in an earlier post, a few weeks ago, here: http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … hp?id=7398 The other issues I was having in that post are solved. Just this Fotomoto issue that is still out there.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I think the link from CE4 to fotomoto is hard coded as http instead of https which causes a problem since you can't include content from an insecure site in a secure one. I had the same issue with Backlight and youtube videos.
Last edited by charlie.choc (2017-01-31 05:07:19)
Charlie, yes, I did encounter that issue. According to Fotomoto the CE4 Gallery reference to the Fotomoto script should not contain the "http://" before the script. I was able to go in to the Gallery Engine and edit that to what fotomoto gave me, which is "//widget.fotomoto.com/stores/script/....." While that made the script responsive (i.e. allowed buttons to show up and respond), it does not solve the blocking of images issue.
So I am thinking the problem lies elsewhere. Or is it (Fotomoto through CE4 Gallery) just incompatible with https sites? Fotomoto says their product does work with https sites.
Sorry, I forgot about your previous issue. It looks like fotomoto displays the correct image and, as I recall, the pricing is local to fotomoto so it seems like it shouldn't be an issue between your site being https and fotomoto. Does fotomoto provide any kind of a log you can review? it's been a while since I used them.
I have that question in to Fotomoto currently. Derek is looking into it. I asked specifically if there was some error log information that would shed some light on the problem. Have not heard back yet.
I just had a peak at our code for this, thinking that maybe there was an address issue with checking in images, but that does not appear to be the case.
So a bit of a stab in the dark, but I wonder whether you might simply be having cross-domain issues with Fotomoto attempting to retrieve images from your site. Cross-domain issues typically occur when a site outside of your domain attempts to access your domain to fetch resources, such as images, scripts, etc. This can usually be solved by granting such permission in the .htaccess file. Try asking Derek if that might be the problem.
Derek and his engineering team over at Fotomoto, found the problem, which, as I understand it, resided on their end. They were able to fix it, so now I am good to go.
However, I wanted to mention to you, Matt, that the CE4 Gallery engine (and I am assuming i have the latest version - #6110 dated August 8, 2016) seems to me to contain a problem. See above in my response on 01-30-17 13:10:35. I have tested this both ways, that is with what I downloaded from Turning Gate, and with the edit I mentioned in the above post. With an http site, there is no difference in behavior. But with an https site, the SSL blocks the connection to the Fotomoto script, as written in the CE4 Gallery code. Removing the "http:" in the script reference allows the connection, and it then works properly.
This is my reading of the situation. But I am certainly no where near your level of expertise in this area, and realize I could have something amiss in my reading of it.. But just wanted to bring it to your attention, should there indeed be a problem there.