Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-27 01:13:11

mshandmeh
Website

Breadcrumbs Colour

Where do I change the colour of the bread crumbs from blue/white to the prevailing colour scheme? Have looked everywhere but cannot see how.

Thanks again for the answers.

Mike

#2 2017-01-27 01:37:53

rod barbee
Website

Re: Breadcrumbs Colour

the breadcrumbs colors are controlled in the page template under Main Column: Copy Color, Hyperlinks, and Hyperlinks:hover

these colors also control the main copy and other hyperlinks (like text links you've included in any copy)

If you wish the breadcrumb colors to be different than the rest of the copy and hyperlinks, you'll need to use custom css.

for the unlinked text:

ul.breadcrumbs li {
	color: #00af5e;
}

for the links:

ul.breadcrumbs a {
	color: #ff00ff;
}

css colors: http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_colors.asp

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-01-27 02:13:49

mshandmeh
Website

Hi Rod,

The same colour as the other hyperlinks is what I am looking for. I have changed those and all the other hyperlinks are fine. I have cleared the template cache and cleared the browser caches on the two different browsers that I am checking things on. The same effect is visible on both whereby the breadcrumbs seem to be retaining the blue default colour.

I also checked on an ipad and it was the same.

Mike

#4 2017-01-27 03:35:11

rod barbee
Website

which hyperlinks are you comparing too? Menu link colors are controlled elsewhere.
can you post a link to an album that has the wrong colored breadcrumbs?

You're changing the copy color and hyperlink colors in the Main Column control area of the page template?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2017-01-27 03:54:03

mshandmeh
Website

Hi,

Yes, I have changed the hyperlink colors in the Main Column control area of the page template.

This gallery set is an example http://picsbymike.co.uk/galleries/ttg-005-city/ which shows up as Galleries in blue and Cities of the world in white.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

#6 2017-01-27 04:01:26

rod barbee
Website

when I look at it, Galleries is a kind of yellow (a white when hovering) and Cities of the World is white.

did you try clearing browser cache?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2017-01-27 05:09:47

mshandmeh
Website

That's exactly as it should be, and yes I did clear both desktop browser caches (firefox and chrome) and the template cache more than once. The fact that it showed up blue on my ipad which I had not until then used to look at the website was a puzzle too.

But what is now an even bigger puzzle is that I have just gone back into Firefox (the same screen being open all this time) and have refreshed the page and the blue has gone to the yellow colour. Looks like you kick started it into submission!!

But Chrome resolutely refuses to show it correctly on my desktop despite yet another clear of the browser cache.

So I have just been and had another look on my ipad. In Chrome it is now correct. So I looked on Safari which I never normally use and it is wrong there.

So is there a behaviour that can explain this? It seems as if the problem derives from the server - the Safari response is the clincher for me in that respect, and the page is being served inconsistently - witness you see it correctly, and I do in Firefox.

Time for a cup of tea!

Thanks again

Mike

#8 2017-01-27 05:20:30

rod barbee
Website

very strange. I initially see the Galleries breadcrumb as blue in Safari for iOS. It's also blue in Opera and Edge on the desktop.

But as soon as I refresh the page, the correct color appears in all devices and browsers.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2017-01-27 07:21:41

mshandmeh
Website

So I have tried again on the ipad and after refreshing I have Safari good but Chrome reverting to blue.
On the desktop Firefox is still good but Chrome is blue!

What next?

I guess I could try the custom css and see what happens - it would be a work around if it solved the problem. That will be a job for tomorrow - its late here.

Mike

#10 2017-01-27 16:55:20

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Hi Mike,

I've just visited the page for the first time in Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Colors are consistent across all three browsers; links are pale yellow, and the current unlinked breadcrumb is white.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#11 2017-01-27 18:22:10

mshandmeh
Website

Hi Matt and Rod,

After a night off, I loaded up Firefox which had finished yesterday being good only to find it had reverted to blue, same as Chrome. Neither showed good on refresh or browser cache clear.

I have implemented the code in custom css that Rod shows above, and it all seems good now. Chrome and Firefox.

I can only guess that it is something server side otherwise why would the random switching between breadcrumb colour schemes affect my desktop, ipad (and phone) across two operating systems and three browsers, plus Rod's odd experience too on two more browsers - Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Safari, Opera.

Anyway, the custom css seems to have fixed the symptoms but obviously not the root cause. I give up at this point!

Thanks for your help and Rod, for the css code. As always, your rapid responses are much appreciated. Keep up the good work!!

Mike

Board footer