Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-31 22:55:10

tjongewaard

File names appear in and under the pictures. I want to put other text

The filenames appear n the thumnails and in the large pictures they also appear in the picture and under the picture and I don't want that or I want to put different text there. I have tried finding an answer in the community but I cant find it. Where do I change this. I have tried putting other text in the image data but that does not seem te work. I tried pblushing again. Where can I find an answer to this problem.

#2 2017-01-01 00:09:19

rod barbee
Website

Re: File names appear in and under the pictures. I want to put other text

are you saying that the filenames are appearing under thumbnails and under large images as well as on the images themselves (links to problem pages always help to illustrate the issue)?

If so, it sounds like you've got the filename set in one of the Thumbnails metadata fields as well as the Photo Caption field (under Image Settings) as well in your watermark.

If this is the case, and you want to change the watermark, edit your watermark and republish the pictures. Make sure that when you republish, the "Push metadata without updating existing photos" and the "Publish thumbnails without updating other renditions" boxes are not checked in Publisher set up.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-01-01 02:33:51

tjongewaard

Sorry but I see the filename when you hoover over the file (thumnail and large file) and I see the filename under the large image not under the thumbnail. I want to know how I can remove that or how I can put my own text there.
http://www.tinekejongewaard.nl/gallerie … single.php

#4 2017-01-01 02:50:10

rod barbee
Website

the text below the large image is controlled in your album template > Image Settings > Captions Photo. Use metadata tokens to place the metadata you want there. There's a link on the album's Image Settings page under Image Metadata that will take you to the metadata tokens documents page.
After you've changed what you have in Captions Photo, you must republish the album.f

on the large image and the thumbnails page, when you hover over an image, what you see is what you have in the image's Title metadata field. If you have nothing in the Title field, it defaults to the file name. If you want what you see to be different, edit the Title field of the image metadata in Lightroom and republish the images.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2017-01-01 03:02:02

tjongewaard

Oke, I understand and will give it a try. Thank you for your answer.

Board footer