Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-20 02:21:43

christian-berlin
Website

Backlight - home page with Vegas slideshow - wait time before answer

Hi!

After the great support here I was change my side to backlight (thanks a lot Rod for the help). Now I can fill the images in it.
And all over the answer of the server is fast, loading times are good. The server is a home server. But one thing is mystic. If I call the home page via my homepage url I see with different tools, that after the request the client waits everytime ~7sec. before the first answer is received from the server. I check this in my local network, from different public networks. Every test shows the same, the first answer comes after these big delay.

On the Server I can't see a big server load during this time, cpu is in idle. And after that the single images are send/received fast.

I have the same effect during a installation of a mediwiki system and the reason ther was, that the system try at first a name resolution of the sql server name via IPv6, which times out. After that it try ipv4 and every thing works fine. I have on my machine also only IPv4 and I see, that backlight has a sql(?) database in background. So my question is, where is the local name defined in the backligh settings and can I changed it? I thing localhost like 127.0.0.1 is ok.

Or is this a normal behavior of backlight? But what make backlight during this 7sec?

Christian

#2 2016-12-29 23:24:54

christian-berlin
Website

Re: Backlight - home page with Vegas slideshow - wait time before answer

Self answer. In think this is a problem of big amount of album sets & albums. I create a new topic for this with more infos

http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … hp?id=7359

Board footer