Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-29 06:25:27

mjenich

Updating Blacklight to 1.1.1

I just updated to 1.1.1 and my albums that were under Published Services are no longer there. I was able to publish a new album after the update and that shows up on my site. The albums that appeared under Pub. Serv. before the update remain on my website.

When I updated I followed the directions in the readmetxt. file. That is,  I removed and uploaded the files and directories one by one. I found each folder listed  under "To update to Backlight=Pages 1.1.1" on my site using FileZilla. for example, I found backlight/admin in FileZilla and deleted it. Then immediately uploaded the same folder that I downloaded and unziped and had sitting on my desktop. I did that 9 times with each folder as directed.

I had TTG-Publisher.lrplugin sitting on my desktop. In LR>Pub Serv I went to Publishing Manager. From the left side I removed TTG Publisher then Added the new one that was on my desktop which was unzipped from the recent download. BTW I was not able to save it when I clicked the button to save it. That has never been able to be saved. you and I discussed this issue in CE4 but everything else worked so we ignored it.

I went to martinjenichphotography.com/Backlight and went to the Designer and publisher sections and clicked on a 'continue" button that I think updated the data bases.

Finally, I cleared the Template Cache as instructed. 

Any ideas?

#2 2016-11-29 07:01:50

rod barbee
Website

Re: Updating Blacklight to 1.1.1

are you using the same catalog?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-11-29 08:19:56

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Hi Martin,

You should not have removed the publisher from Lightroom. When replacing the plugin, you need only overwrite the .lrplugin file. By removing the plugin via the Plugin Manager, you might have killed your publish services.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#4 2016-11-29 08:43:09

Ben

They should however come back once the Publisher is re-installed.

Board footer