Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-07 01:25:15

Volker Dobler
Website

Default Album for publisher

Hi,

I accidentially deleted the "Default Album" in my Publisher section within Lightroom.
If I create a new one with the name "Default Album" it is not the default album (e.g. if I change something in this default album, this change will not be the default when creating a new album set).

Is there any chance to get the "Default Album" back?

Thanks for any tips/hints.

Best regards,
Volker

Last edited by Volker Dobler (2016-11-07 01:25:32)

#2 2016-11-07 01:28:42

Daniel Leu
Website

Re: Default Album for publisher

Default Album is a Lr thing and can be safely deleted. As a matter of fact, I always deleted it!  There is no need to get this back. Just create a new album with a name that reflects the content you want to show: eg, sunrises, sunsets, beaches, trees, etc.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#3 2016-11-07 01:44:02

Volker Dobler
Website

Dear Daniel,

thanks - but what about the "default" entries? Maybe my question was unaccurate.

I would like to get "My Album Set" as Template and not "Standard Template". Can I chance the default entries (e.g. for template or items per page) somewhere else?

Thanks,
Volker

#4 2016-11-07 01:53:30

rod barbee
Website

Not sure I'm following. You can choose the album set template from the drop down. You can also import the settings from any previously created album set.

Just create an album set template in Backlight. It will appear in the Template drop-down in Lightroom.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2016-11-07 02:03:06

Volker Dobler
Website

Hi Rob,

thanks - I did this.

But I thought (as I had this "Default Template" before) that there is a way of defining what the standard selections should be.
I have changed the entries with the help of the drop down menu - but I though, that I don't have to change this all the time.

But anyway, if this is not possible, I will (and have to) change the entries either with the drop down menu or with the "Import" button from a previous album.

Thanks for your help and reply,
Volker

#6 2016-11-07 02:20:39

rod barbee
Website

Are you saying you deleted the Standard Album Template that comes with Backlight?
I thought the problem was deleting the Default Album from Publisher in Lightroom?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2016-11-07 02:46:50

Volker Dobler
Website

Hi Rob,

sorry, my english seems not good enough to explain what I want to say.

A bit more longer:

I have a template in backlight "Volkers Album Set". This is my album I use on my webpage based on backlight. All works well (see www.volker-dobler.de).

Now I have some galleries I manage in Lightroom. I use the publisher to upload these pictures to my website.
Doing this, I have to create an album in Lightroom within the publisher plugin. Lightroom shows a window where I can include "album name", "album title", "album description" etc. And in this window, I can change the Template to "Volkers Album Set" from backlight. But as standard, I always see "Standard Album Template" as default. And I wonder, if I can change this default within Lightroom to my album set (e.g. Volkers Album Set").
Same with "Cover Image" - which is "Random" as default, but I would like to have "Custom" as default.

But anyway, don't worry, I can change this for each album - but because I have updated all my galleries this weekend, it was a bit of work always change this template (and if I forgot one album, it has this wrong template :-) ).

Best regards,
Volker

#8 2016-11-07 05:01:18

Daniel Leu
Website

Hi Volker,

No, you can't change the default settings, but when you create a new album, there is the option "Copy Settings from Album". This way, all your initial settings are done at once. You could create an album with default values (with Hide from Album Set and Hide from Search set) from which you import your initial settings.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#9 2016-11-07 05:44:51

rod barbee
Website

Also, you can't use "Volkers Album Set" template on albums. Album set templates are only for album sets. Make sure you've created an album template for your albums.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2016-11-07 06:09:29

Volker Dobler
Website

Thanks Rob and Daniel!

#11 2016-11-07 11:03:40

Daniel Leu
Website

smile