Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-02 00:53:40

lmiller41

Possible to have Multiple Album set Pages?

Currently on this site:

www.trinitykg.org/backlight_galleries/

I have 2016 albums and videos with a link to earlier CE4 albums.  After the new year is it possible to create a 2017 Album Set page?  It would have a link to the 2016 version.  I suspect I can with a second installation of Backlight for the 2017 Albums, but that seems like a kludge.  Is there another way?  Thanks.

#2 2016-11-02 01:10:27

markh
Website

Re: Possible to have Multiple Album set Pages?

Sure. You don't need a second installation of BL. In Lightroom create a new publisher instance for 2017 stuff and have it create a new top level gallery called...say...2017. Then publish 2017 albums to that top level gallery. Don't forget to assign a template to that new top level gallery from within Backlight> designer> templates> assign templates. You can use the same template you used for your 2016 stuff.
Mark

#3 2016-11-02 01:19:40

lmiller41

Thanks Mark

#4 2016-11-02 22:59:22

SunFoxNC

You don't necessarily need a second Publisher instance to feed the Backlight galleries by year.

On my personal website (http://www.sunfox.com/), I had a ton of content from 2003-2015 from various "frameworks" ending with CE4 in 2015 that I just didn't have the time or desire to convert to Backlight.

For each section of the site, I ended up making a clean break for 2016 to Backlight (only had to convert about 4-5 months of 2016 CE4 content by creating the new BL publisher instance, copying over the album sets/albums with their copy, and then deleting the CE4 publisher instance when I was done) with the tree in Publisher looking like this:

2016  (album set)
  +
  |
  + --- + 201601xx - January 2016  (album set)
                             |
                             +------ 20160106-Pensive Katie   (album)
                             |
                             + ----- entry   (album)

The menu item for the current year points to the top-level album set 2016...on New Year's, a new top-level album set will be created for 2017, the current link updated to the URL for the 2017 album set, and the link for 2016 will be moved to the archived galleries page (which captures links to the previous years...it's manually created using the responsive grid framework but that turned out to be the best way to integrate the old stuff and the new Backlight content.

Now, I do have multiple publisher instances servicing the five different sections of the site but this allowed me to have one Backlight installation to rule them all and allow me to easily maintain consistent templates and menus/organisation between the various sections.

Board footer