Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-29 20:47:37

stig

No {Title} displayed for Large Image

I have just upgraded from CE4 to Backlight. I use Photoswipe to display large images. When I display a large image the {caption} is displayed at the bottom of the page, just as I want it to, but the Title does not show anywhere. The title is used however, to display names i the thumbnail-grid. See example http://stig.familyds.com/stig/mine-web- … ns-farger/ and select any picture.
Stig

#2 2016-10-29 21:24:55

rod barbee
Website

Re: No {Title} displayed for Large Image

have you included the {Title} metadata token in the Large Image Caption field along with the {Caption} token?

Note that the Photo Title field is used for the title attribute in the img tag, and is not visible on the page

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-10-29 21:33:49

stig

Thank you for your quick answer.

I now tried to add {Title} to the filed in Album settings/Image settings/Image Metadata/Photos Caption

I did not find the Title in the Large display now either

Stig

#4 2016-10-30 00:37:24

admint
Website

stig wrote:

Thank you for your quick answer.

I now tried to add {Title} to the filed in Album settings/Image settings/Image Metadata/Photos Caption

I did not find the Title in the Large display now either

Stig

You also need to make sure you have a title written in your meta data under Lightroom. This threw me for a loop as well since I was basically relying on the image file name.

Anyway once you do that, republish your albums and your titles should show up. You could also right click Publisher, and click Edit Settings and check the box "Push meta data without updating existing photos", this will (should) update your meta data with having to re-publish your photos.

Hope this helps as I've been where you are.

#5 2016-10-30 01:15:48

stig

Thank you again.

The pictures already have a Title written into the metadata, and it shows up in the album-set thumbnails.

Just to be sure: am I using the correct field when I use the Album settings/Image settings/Image Metadata/Photos Caption in the design-menu?

It does not seem to have any effect in the large image display whatever I write i that field?

Stig

#6 2016-10-30 03:56:20

admint
Website

stig wrote:

Thank you again.

The pictures already have a Title written into the metadata, and it shows up in the album-set thumbnails.

Just to be sure: am I using the correct field when I use the Album settings/Image settings/Image Metadata/Photos Caption in the design-menu?

It does not seem to have any effect in the large image display whatever I write i that field?

Stig

Yeah. But using {Caption} takes the info from the "Caption" section of the meta data field. That even if you have the title section filled, you need to have the Caption section filled for the large page area to display it.  In short, if you have the title section filled, but not the caption section... the large page area will be blank.  At least that's how it's working for me. 

To be honest I'm not sure how the large area of Photoswipe reads what data because if I try to use {title} nothing is posted there. I have to use {Caption} to get titles. And both title and caption are filled in on my meta data. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Oh, and I need to correct something I posted earlier... DO re-publish your albums when making meta data changes. I've found that not all meta data gets pushed, even with that check box checked.

Hope this helps.

#7 2016-10-30 17:36:14

stig

Thank You for your answer.

I will test / try this in various combinations to see what happens.

Stig

#8 2016-10-30 18:59:04

stig

The republish did the trick, I did not think that I had to republish because I did not change anything in LR, but of course, the pictures are generated with the text at publishing time.

Thank you again.

Stig

#9 2016-10-31 00:19:25

admint
Website

You're welcomed. Glad I was able to help.

Board footer