Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-25 08:51:37

Splattered

Backlight Unable to Authenticate Issue

I have been feeding content to my website from the Backlight app from both my laptop and my desktop machines, and have been loving the ease of Backlight. So first off, thanks for making things much easier for us.

I ran into an issue that I haven't been able to resolve on my end, and was looking for some help. My laptop workflow is working fine, but I have experienced an API Authentication error on the desktop. Due to this error I am not able to use the desktop to feed content to the site.

The first error dialog I get when trying to create an album is :Unable to perform action: getSetupForTemplate --- Message: Unable to Authenticate". If I dismiss this message and go on with the album creation and publishing, I get a second error message which reads "Can't update this collection - Unable to perform action: createAlbum".

Not exactly sure what caused this, so I tried to reenter my API Key information and a few other things, but to no avail. Not sure what is causing this and am wondering if I need to reinstall the app, or try something else to fix the issue.

Side question - How do you retrieve the API Key? AM thinking that the API Key is different for each machine (Laptop and Desktop), so was going o try to use the laptop API key to see if that helped restore the desktop workflow. HELP!

Thanks,
Mike

#2 2016-10-25 11:10:05

rod barbee
Website

Re: Backlight Unable to Authenticate Issue

Not sure you can retrieve API key. You can, however, change it in Backlight and then make the same changes in each instance of Publisher you have.

To your other problems, Ben will likely need access to your Backlight backend as well as your Publisher logs.
See this page for more. Though it's from the CE4 docs, it still applies:
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … g_for_help

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-10-25 14:45:08

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Backlight Unable to Authenticate Issue

As Rod says, you may update the API Key at any time and without repercussions. The only requirement is that the two API Keys -- in Backlight and in Publisher -- are a match at time of publishing.

If sharing a catalog between multiple machines, you should be able to upload from any place. We advise not attempting to manage your albums from separate catalogs, though, as Lightroom's Publish Services are not particularly friendly to doing. If you absolutely must upload from separate catalogs -- whether on separate machines or not -- then individual albums or album sets should remain exclusive to a single catalog.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer