Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-14 05:00:01

edgorochowski

Index.php has caused problem with my website index.htlm intro page

Got Backlight test system working  fine in  sub directory, as I only need the galleries and cart functions . When I came to install cart it requested I install it into a directory which required my backlight directory to be at my website root dir.  So deleted test system and re-installed Backlight to website root directory. Redefined all pages/templates and cart data and appears to work OK. However whenever I now go into my website I am posted to a Backlight page and not my normal web intro (HTML) page. I realised that access was now being rooted via the backlight PHP  index.php file and not my index.HTLM. I tried renaming the php index file so it would not action but now I get the error below whenever I use the normal web address of  www.hedgehogphotographic.com and have to put /index on the end to make it  work....Help i need my site to get back  up and running.
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Hope you can help... Regards
Ed

#2 2016-10-14 06:41:58

rod barbee
Website

Re: Index.php has caused problem with my website index.htlm intro page

did you upload anything else besides the backlight/ folder to the root of your site?

I take it you're not using the Pages module as well? Because using it requires that you upload its index.php and .htaccess files to the root.

Regardless, Ben will probably need to take a look. You could save time my emailing him and referencing this post. Include FTP access credentials as well as backlight login

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-10-14 12:01:10

Ben

Hi Ed, firstly, cart does not affect where Backlight is installed.  The examples may use /backlight, but it really just needs to go inside backlight/modules, wherever backlight may be installed.

If you're not using Pages, then remove index.php so that your old index.html file operates as it did before.

If you are using pages, then there are ways of having the Pages mechanism coexist with your own index.html page.  In brief, you would rename Backlight's index.php to something like backlight.php, and edit .htaccess so that the redirects are handled via backlight.php rather than index.php.  This only works for index.html and not index.php.  Should the latter exist and not be Backlight's index.php, then the stylesheet and other resources will not be able to load for Pages.  I am working on improving that, so that index.php can belong to another application.

#4 2016-10-15 02:07:37

edgorochowski

Hi Rob/Ben

Yes I did upload  index.php and .htaccess files to the root as I use the basic 'Backlight Standard Page'  plus the  'Basic', 'Album Set', and 'Album' templates together with the 'Menue Sets' in Backlight. I'm not sure if this constitutes using Pages?   Temporarily I have inserted a divert at the top of the index.php file to divert to my index.html  just to get things working and at the moment I can use  backlight and my site satisfactorily.  Thanks for you help, and do let me know if/when a better solution is available. Kind regards
ED

#5 2016-10-15 02:54:44

rod barbee
Website

Are you using Backlight to create any other pages besides album sets and albums? Pages like Contact, About, Info, etc.
(this is what the Pages module does)

If not, you can try what Ben suggests and delete the index.php file from the root.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#6 2016-10-16 17:01:41

edgorochowski

I only use the albums, album set and the standard pages they are derived from. I do not use any Contact, About and Info pages. However I have just renamed the index.php file in the root (same as deleting it) and get the error blow as if  some website setting has been changed and my index.html file is being ignored. I also changed the index.php file back to its original name (with my diversion on the first line) and my site works fine again. I have also renamed both index files effectively deleting both and get exactly the same error. I appears that my site now demands to see an index.php file instead of the html ! I can not figure this out.

The error returned  is below :-

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

#7 2016-10-16 17:33:54

Ben

Try removing the .htaccess file as well.

Board footer