Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-15 10:59:48

mhayes5254

1.0.5 upgrade problem

After uploading the 1.0.5 backlight update, the site stopped working and I get the following. after going to backlight, I got several lines of messages "updating databases", etc. and cleared the cache. going to the site it was not working and I got

the mhayes.us page is not working,
mhayes.us is not able to handle this request
HTTP error 500

To make sure it was not an obvious upload error, I had the site restored and carefully related the upgrade and had the same problem. I have installed each if the incremental upgrades so believe I understand the basic process. One other thing: During the upload, I received several messages such as "Could not delete AThemeEngine.php. No such file or directory"

I have restored back to 1.0.4 and am looking for suggestions. I also have Theater installed

#2 2016-10-15 12:27:08

Ben

Re: 1.0.5 upgrade problem

500 Errors are difficult to diagnose.  Do you have access to your site's error logs?  The underlying error may appear there.
Alternatively, if you upgrade again and encounter the problem, then please provide me with an FTP login via the Email link under my name, and I'll try and work out what's going wrong. 

Backlight is quite good at reporting 500 errors to the browser.  Some scenarios still remain, especially if the error happens prior to Backlight executing, such as issues with .htaccess files.

Board footer