Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-14 08:14:17

rnh

Not getting it yet

Okay, so I ain't gettin' it yet.  I've uploaded two albums, and they both have the same text above and beside the images. Do I need to make a separate template for each album I upload, and if so, how do I associate the album with its template?

On another topic, I have uploaded a 180x180 png I would like  to use for an apple touch icon, but the box from which to select said icon is shrunken:  the down-arrow is present on the right, but the box itself is only a few pixels wide and nothing is contained therein. Did it cross over into one of those shrunken dimensions we read about in string theory?

Randy Hoffner

#2 2016-10-14 08:22:19

Daniel Leu
Website

Re: Not getting it yet

rnh wrote:

Okay, so I ain't gettin' it yet.  I've uploaded two albums, and they both have the same text above and beside the images. Do I need to make a separate template for each album I upload, and if so, how do I associate the album with its template?

You can set the text for each album in Lr: Album Settings... > Page content

rnh wrote:

On another topic, I have uploaded a 180x180 png I would like  to use for an apple touch icon, but the box from which to select said icon is shrunken:  the down-arrow is present on the right, but the box itself is only a few pixels wide and nothing is contained therein. Did it cross over into one of those shrunken dimensions we read about in string theory?

Did you upload the image using backlight or ftp?

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#3 2016-10-14 08:49:53

rod barbee
Website

I've uploaded two albums, and they both have the same text above and beside the images.

To add to what Daniel said, there is the possibility for two sets of text to display at the same time in each album.

The album template contains text. This is created in Backlight when you create the album template. This text can then appear in any album that uses this template. This is handy for things you might want in each album, like rights statements, etc.

The album itself can contain text. This is added in Lightroom when you create or edit the album. This is what Daniel is mentioning above.

When you create or edit an album, you have the choice on whether or not to include the template text as well as where to place that text.

So the same text you've been seeing in albums is the album set text. If you don't want it to show, edit the album and make the necessary choice for displaying text under the Page Content tab.
Or you can change/remove the text from the album set in Backlight.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2016-10-14 08:55:06

rnh

Thanks.  Is this kind of thing written anywhere?  I didn't see anything in the  documentation.

About  the apple touch icon, I uploaded it with Backlight.

Randy Hoffner

#5 2016-10-14 09:27:29

rnh

Still not gettin' it.  When I look at the Lightroom album page, there is a place to write Album Description, but that only shows up as a subhead under the album thumbnail on the Galleries page.  I want to be able  to put a couple of explanatory or descriptive sentences over the album thumbnails, different, of course, for each album.  Can't see how that would work.

Randy Hoffner

#6 2016-10-14 09:40:18

markh
Website

In LR in your instance of TTG Publisher (that you used to get the album on the website) right click on the album you want to work with to edit it. Therin  are tabs for Base Settings, Page Content, Features, and Integration.  On the Page Content tab there is a block called Page Copy(MD). That's where you put the text you'd like over the album thumbnails.
Mark

#7 2016-10-14 10:15:34

rod barbee
Website

On the Page Content tab there is a block called Page Copy(MD). That's where you put the text you'd like over the album thumbnails.

to clarify, this is the text that shows up on the album page itself, usually situated above the thumbnail grid.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer