Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-25 03:11:54

rayt

Album has no images

I just installed and started using backlight & pages.  Seems pretty easy and straight forward.  So I published a test album. The album appears but no images appear when I click on the album.  So I published a second album with the defaults.... same result.  So I published a third album using small jpegs.  (first two albums were big raw files)  No difference. 
check it out   www.pixelsfoto.com/ray

Any ideas?
thx

#2 2016-09-25 04:51:05

admint
Website

Re: Album has no images

Why are you posting RAW files? I don't know what the default player reads but I doubt it reads RAW files. That said, try jpegs.

Also, did you put a name in the "Album Title" so it could create a slug name file for your images? This should have been done when you created your album. or album set under publisher. It would be under base settings.

#3 2016-09-25 05:28:58

rayt

Admint... thanks for the reply.   All my travel photography is always in RAW.  I assumed that when I create an album in Backlight, that Backlight would take my lightroom adjustments, apply them, and then publish the files as small jpegs.  This appears to be the case, because when I look at the directory structure that backlight creates, all my published files are in a folder called, "hostname/galleries/album-name/photos"  and they are all ~250k jpegs.

Also,  I did publish 2 additional albums with just small jpegs, just in case.  The slug name does appear in the setup screen. I just published a new album, double checking all the settings in the album setup screen.  Everything appears to be OK,  but once again, the album appears, but no photos appear after clicking on the album.

#4 2016-09-25 07:23:02

admint
Website

I too shot in RAW, but save them as tiff once edited, and create a jpeg copy for images posted  to my website or the internet.  Anyway I'm pretty sure Blacklight does not now allow for "RAW" files to be posted, but that's for admin to answer.

Anyway go to your hosting site where you placed your Backlight files and look for the Galleries folder - under there you should see the names of the albums you created in Publisher under Lightroom. Open one of the folders and look for a folder named "photos", if your images are in there, there's an issue elsewhere. If no images are there, then publisher aren't publishing the images. If you're still publishing RAW files, try jpeg.

Last edited by admint (2016-09-25 07:30:26)

#5 2016-09-25 08:21:30

rod barbee
Website

Publisher creates jpg so it doesn't matter what format the originals are.

Rayt, did you click the Publish button after creating the album.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#6 2016-09-25 08:22:06

rod barbee
Website

Can you post links to the albums?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2016-09-25 10:05:02

admint
Website

rod barbee wrote:

Publisher creates jpg so it doesn't matter what format the originals are.

Rayt, did you click the Publish button after creating the album.

So even though you're working with RAW files,publisher will create jpeg files out of them. That's cool because that allows you to publish directly from RAW files.  That said, as I thought, I didn't think publisher published the files as RAW.

And yeah... did the OP actually "publish" the albums?

#8 2016-09-27 00:21:12

rayt

Ok... It makes sense that I can use my raw files and Backlight publishes them as jpegs with my Lightroom modifications. 

I looked at my directory structures and I think everything appears to be in order. There are jpegs in the photos subdirectory.  (hostname/galleries/album-name/photos).

I followed Matt's "getting started" video, step by step.   It really is pretty easy and straight forward. 
  1) I created a new album in the TTG Publisher services.  Named the album in the setup screen.   
  2) I drag a couple of images into the newly created album.
  3) I clicked on the publish button.  Lightroom does it's thing and it shows me the photos as published.
  4) I go to my website, click on galleries and the new album shows up.  BUT when I click on the album image to open the album the screen
     changes, but the images in the album do NOT appear.

Here's my site    www.pixelsfoto.com/ray

#9 2016-09-27 00:32:45

rod barbee
Website

could be a .htaccess file issue. I suggest sending an email to Ben containing Backlight admin credentials as well as FTP access credentials.
also let him know who your host is.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2016-09-27 01:30:16

admint
Website

rod barbee wrote:

could be a .htaccess file issue. I suggest sending an email to Ben containing Backlight admin credentials as well as FTP access credentials.
also let him know who your host is.

That said, does the OP even have the .htaccess file installed.

"b. If installing Backlight + Pages, be sure to include the .htaccess file. It may be invisible in Mac's Finder or Windows Explorer, but you should be able to see it in your FTP client; make sure it's set to show invisible files."  Source: http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … tion_setup

Perhaps the htaccess file isn't installed?

#11 2016-09-27 02:35:50

rayt

Fixed It !!  I double checked everything and it all seemed fine.  so I went back to square one.  I reinstalled a new copy of backlight on my server, set it up,  changed the publisher setting to point to the new install, published a  test album, and voila.  IT WORKED AS EXPECTED.
Thanks everyone for the help.
Cheers....
Ray

Board footer