The following are steps to re-build the galleries on your server from Lightroom's Publisher. This can be useful for starting with a fresh installation of Backlight on your server, or if you need to start again on the server while maintaining the existing structure in the instance of Lightroom's Publisher.
Steps 1-5 are only needed if you have existing albums on the server that you would like to clear out:
1. In the Backlight Admin, navigate to Backlight > Publisher > Top-level Galleries
2. Click on Albums for the Galleries entry that you wish to clear
3. One by one click on each album set or album on the top level.
4. For each, click on Delete Album at the bottom of the page.
5. Delete any remaining albums and album sets within galleries/ on your server using FTP. Depending on the state of your database, this may already have been done during deletion of albums and album sets in steps 1-4.
Once you no longer have any albums or album sets under 'Galleries' at Backlight > Publisher > Top-level Galleries, there should be no further trace of those albums on your server.
6. In Lightroom, visit every album set from the top down, right clicking each, editing the album set, changing the slug to remove any appended numbers if needed, and clicking Save (or 'Edit'). The process of editing and saving re-creates the album set on the server.
7. Do the same for the albums within every album set. and clicking Save (or 'Edit')
8. Republish your photos