Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-06 06:19:16

christian02

adding content with ce4 pages

I did try to add an image into the contact page. I placed an image from the image strip according the instructions in \Color palette but after doing another amendment on the home page it was it was gone. What  means "get image by id" ? Beside that I can't add a nicely formated text to the services page. Adding a hyperlink seems to be a mission impossible too.  Exploring the community it seems that adding such contents it's necessary that I have to learn how to use a html editor. Is that really true ?

#2 2016-02-06 06:29:06

rod barbee
Website

Re: adding content with ce4 pages

What  means "get image by id" ?

That's the image ID of the filmstrip. It's just the order that the images are in: 1, 2, 3, 4....

Adding a hyperlink seems to be a mission impossible too.

You can either write it in with html or Markdown. Markdown is easier. For example:

[Text link](http://somesite.com)

will yield: text link

Beside that I can't add a nicely formated text to the services page. ....  Exploring the community it seems that adding such contents it's necessary that I have to learn how to use a html editor. Is that really true ?

You can use Markdown. It's pretty easy to learn
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … 4_markdown
Or you can use plain html.
And you wouldn't need a dedicated html editor. A plain text editor will do or you can write it directly in the page copy fields.

If you can be more specific as to what you're trying to do (and include links to your site) we can be more specific with helping you.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-02-07 19:15:39

christian02

Thank you rod for your answer. I could add the desired contents inclusive Hyperlinks with Markdown. A helpfull tutorial was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A5EpqqDOdk and as you did mention, Markdown is an easy to learn tool with a good user interface.
An open item remains to add an image in the "about" pane. Since I add the images for the "home"-pane directly with the images in the film strip it seems not possible to assign another image to the "about" pane with another film Strip. My test environment: www.lr.fotobrun.ch. At an older thread from 2016-01-16 you did recommend to upload images to the "home" pane directly with publisher. So far my attempts to succed this way wheren't successfull.

#4 2016-02-08 00:50:02

rod barbee
Website

Add the image for the About page the same way you add an image to the home page. In the Pages Color Palette control pane there are areas for each of the pages. The Page Image section is just below the Page Copy section. Just choose the page image there.
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … page_image

it seems not possible to assign another image to the "about" pane with another film Strip.

This is correct. You're using the same filmstrip for all pages in Pages since you're using the same collection of images.

At an older thread from 2016-01-16 you did recommend to upload images to the "home" pane directly with publisher. So far my attempts to succed this way wheren't successfull.

This is for the home page slideshow/gallery. Are you also using Publisher?
See: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _home_page

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2016-02-08 01:03:20

rod barbee
Website

That was a pretty good tutorial. Thanks for posting it. I actually learned something new about Markdown!

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2016-02-10 05:50:44

christian02

I use publisher to show galleries under the Gallery pane.  When I open a Gallery there it didn't take the settings for background / logo etc.  as defined in CE4 pages. Under CE4 autoindex\Output Setting  I have enabled  (x) get shared resources from TTG CE4 pages. In pages, Gallery and Autoindex I have assigned the now (!) released site www.fotobrun.ch. What  could I try else ?
Getting an image beside the home pane to the about pane too works now. I didn't use the same film strip.

#7 2016-02-10 06:16:57

rod barbee
Website

I use publisher to show galleries under the Gallery pane.  When I open a Gallery there it didn't take the settings for background / logo etc.  as defined in CE4 pages.

The CE4 Gallery template you're using is not using the Shared Resources feature (I can tell by looking at the gallery page's source code). Take a look again and make sure that feature is checked, then re-export and upload your "ce4-gallery" template.

Getting an image beside the home pane to the about pane too works now. I didn't use the same film strip.

I see. I thought you were trying to use the page image feature rather than just inserting an image with html.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2016-02-13 01:39:44

christian02

Thank you Rod. It works now. Time to upload images and later on explore what more features can be used to get  the optimium appearance of the galleries and how galleries can be created within a gallery. E.g. countries\America\Africa\Europe ... .

#9 2016-02-13 01:57:50

rod barbee
Website

....and how galleries can be created within a gallery.

You can't create a gallery within another gallery. But you can use autoindex to create additional gallery indexes. This way you can categorize your galleries in to groups like travel, portraits, still life, etc.

Since you're using Publisher, you'll use CE4 Autoindex to create a template for Album Sets, just like you used CE4 Gallery to create a Publisher template for your albums.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer