Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-24 04:05:51

MartinS
Website

how to move photos from one album to another in Publisher

Suppose I have 10 photos residing in album1 in AlbumsetA and another 10 in album2 residing in AlbumsetB, am I correct in thinking there is no simple drag-and-drop way to move certain photos from album1 into album2 and have them correctly moved by Publisher in the database and their links updated?

As far as I can make out, drag-and-drop within Publisher simply makes copy entries from album1 into album2 and one has to delete the originals from album1 and re-publish them (with all the time that involves) as new photos from album2? I cannot find a way to obviate the need to generate the transferred images all over again. I feel there must be a way!

#2 2015-12-24 04:39:54

rod barbee
Website

Re: how to move photos from one album to another in Publisher

am I correct in thinking there is no simple drag-and-drop way to move certain photos from album1 into album2 and have them correctly moved by Publisher in the database and their links updated?

You are correct. You'll need to add the images to one album and delete them from the other. Once added to an album, you'll still need to publish them.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-12-24 04:56:08

MartinS
Website

Re: how to move photos from one album to another in Publisher

Thank you, Rod, for your quick answer to my question.

Board footer