Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-01 22:25:11

alfredb

extra email address

Hi. Would it be a stretch to request an the option to add an additional email address for the contact form? I wish to separate my art and crg orders from my general enquiries in my mail inbox. Am presently doing it with message filters, but is not 100% reliable and consistent?

#2 2015-11-02 00:32:33

rod barbee
Website

Re: extra email address

I don't know if Matt and Ben can add a second email functionality into ttg-be, but you do have options.

You could use the contact form email (through ttg-be) for only CRG and Cart orders.

For your main contact page you have a couple of options:

if using the TTG CE4 Contact page, you could opt to not include the contact form and instead provide an email address link in the page text using html:

<a href = "mailto:you@gmail.com">Email me!</a>

this method has its downside. Spambots can harvest email links. You can find some ways around this by searching on the web.
here's one http://www.robelle.com/tips/email-cloak.html

another option:

If you have WordPress installed, like for a blog, you could create a contact page and use one of the many contact form plug-ins like Contact Form 7. Then replace the target for the contact page in Pages with the url to the contact page made with WordPress.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-11-02 08:03:00

alfredb

Re: extra email address

Thanks again for the quick reply Rod.

Not likely to go the first option route and not yet ready for Wordpress. Rather looking to spend any spare time investigating a different local payment gateway to PayPal. Will continue with the message filters for now and keep hoping smile

Board footer