Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-16 09:12:42

MyhaverPhoto
Website

Permalinks Fail To Generate

Hey Folks,
This appears to have been an ongoing issue posted at different times by a few people. So far no matter what type of gallery I use, when uploading or updating an album with CE4 Publisher using Lightroom, Permalinks fail to be generated. i have searched through this forum for solutions and have followed up on all suggested. None of them resolve the issue for me.

Please advise me of a real solution as it is very frustrating? Feel free to check out my website at http://myhaverphotography.com though it is now back to an HTML gallery as at least the page links work with it.

Thanks,
Mark

Last edited by MyhaverPhoto (2015-10-16 09:37:54)

#2 2015-10-16 11:21:48

Ben

Re: Permalinks Fail To Generate

Hi Mark, Publisher doesn't create permalink files.  It uses Apache's mod_rewrite via .htaccess files added to each gallery so that links such as image-1000-single.php are sent to single.php as single.php?id=1000.

Who are you hosting with?  Does your host or account have mod-rewrite enabled?  Depending on who you're hosting with, this may be configurable via your control panel, or may require assistance from their technical support.

#3 2015-10-16 11:56:58

rod barbee
Website

You're using the HTML: single-image gallery presentation. I thought that the large image pages were the permalink location.

Have you tried the Highslide or Magnific presentations to see if the permalink icon appears on the large images in those albums?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2015-10-16 14:35:30

MyhaverPhoto
Website

Hi Ben & Rod,
Let me try this again. Ben, I didn't mean to imply I expected files to be created. When clicking on the permalink icon, rather than displaying the image in permalink I get and error 401. It does show the permalink in the browser window but displays the error message on screen. I should not have said the links weren't created. As I said prior, I have gone through all the threads I could find here and followed up on all the advise provided before posting the issue. I am using 1and1 hosting and have been for quite a few years. I have full access to all files including hidden, through my FTP client. I checked into the mod_rewrite via .htaccess files recommendation from other posts previously. That being: /ttg-be/publisher/application/skeleton/Though I did have to make the proper code adjustment, I did so and it did not resolve the issue. I also cleaned out all of the previous template files and re-uploaded new ones.

Rod, I have tried Highslide, Magnific and Touch galleries and had the problem with them all. As I said in my initial post, I went back to the HTML gallery because of this issue. I do not have the problem with the HTML gallery. No it does not have the Permalink showing and I know that however I am able to share on social media using it. The full image view is a permalink so why won't they work with the others?

Thank You,
Mark

#5 2015-10-16 16:00:35

Ben

Hi Mark, I'm not sure what's going on then.  401 is an odd error code.  The meaning of 401 should be 'unauthorized', meaning the link is expecting the user to log in.

Do you have a gallery other than http://myhaverphotography.com/galleries/pages-gallery/ which has broken permalinks so that we can try and see the problem?  Can you check via FTP that this file exists on the server: http://myhaverphotography.com/galleries … single.php
(It's not possible to tell from the browser whether that's an actual file, or handled via the .htaccess URL rewrite).

If you'd like me to have a look on your server then please grant me FTP access, via the Email link under my picture.

Board footer