Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-15 15:20:20

Jo
Website

Error message Publisher, correct data structure in LR?

Hi TTG experts,

I have new installed the CE4 Bundle with Pages, Galleries, Auto-Index and Publisher on my Mac. The only module with doesn´t work is Publisher. I´ll get the message ’Unable to perform action: listTemplates, Message: No templates have been created’.

Maybe interesting is, that my folder Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Web Galleries contains files, no packages. That´s because in my last TTG-updates and similary in the start-package I´ve got only somes CE4-lrwebengine-FILES and the (un)zipped Publisher- and TTG-BE-folders.

In the CE4 Install Guide I can read, that I have to copy the packages in the Web Galleries folder. Same does Matthew in the how-to tutorial video at 2:27.  I´m a bit confused now. Are the missing packages the reason for my problem?

My data structure:
...Lightroom.../Web Galleries/
CE4-Auto-Index-Enabler.lrwebengine
CE4-Auto-Index.lrwebengine
CE4-Gallery.lrwebengine
CE4-Pages.lrwebengine
CE4-ViewportSizer.lrwebengine

...Lightroom.../Web Templates/
User Templates/jogroebe_ce4_autoindex.lrtemplate
User Templates/jogroebe_ce4_gallery.lrtemplate
User Templates/jogroebe_ce4_pages.lrtemplate

Thanks a lot for your help :-)  and kind regards from Germany

#2 2015-08-16 00:01:05

rod barbee
Website

Re: Error message Publisher, correct data structure in LR?

Hi Jo

I´ll get the message ’Unable to perform action: listTemplates, Message: No templates have been created’.

You've probably not created any templates for Publisher.
Publisher templates and Lightroom templates are not the same thing. Publisher templates are exported from the Web module (CE4 Gallery for album templates and CE4 Autoindex for album sets) and uploaded to your /ttg-be/templates/gallery/ or /ttg-be/templates/autoindex/ folder
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _templates

The structures in your Lightroom/Web Galleries and Lightroom/Web Templates folders is correct

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-09-08 19:34:23

Jo
Website

Hi Rod,

thanks for your advice. Finally I had the time to carry on with my TTG website-project.
I checked several data directories. After a few hours working by trial and error (and taking a look into the manual :-) I could solve the problem. The source of error must be somewhere here:
- I renamed the “phplugins-sample” folder into “phplugins”. I´ve done this in my exported Pages data folder and also in my Galleries- and Auto Index-templates-folder.
- I discovered that I have to wait a little bit longer during the export of the Galleries- and Auto Index-Templates in Lightroom. So I can be sure, to have all exported files correctly.
- The exported Galleries and Auto Index templates (including files and subdirectories) are now on the server in the ttg-be templates folder in its own subdirectories, no longer in the higher level folder \templates\.

For whatever reason, the error message, that Publisher can´t find a template, is away. The TTG Publisher module in LR seems to work. That´s the good news.
The bad is that I have my next problem. Publisher now creates albums, but will not automatically rename the images. But for solving of this problem I open a new inquiry in the Community.

Kind regards, Jo

#4 2015-09-08 21:50:35

rod barbee
Website

Hi Jo,

glad it's working now. However:

- I renamed the “phplugins-sample” folder into “phplugins”. I've done this in my exported Pages data folder and also in my Galleries- and Auto Index-templates-folder.

All this is not necessary. If you're enabling phplugins site-wide (globally) you only need one phplugins.php file in a phplugins/ folder in the root of your site. No need to rename that folder for every export you do.
You will need to make sure that the server path to the phplugins/ folder is entered in the appropriate field of all your exports.
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _phplugins

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer