Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-05 01:43:28

Memodeth

Cannot set up the Publisher

I can publish galleries using Lightroom's publisher. I can get the feedback features, too. So as a standalone Client Response works fine, but I want to be able to use the CE4 Publisher features, and I cannot figure it out, because I don't understand how the settings affect the gallery. There are Auto-Index settings, there are gallery settings, there are template settings and at this point I am lost.

I tried to create a dummy gallery using the publisher, this is supposed to have 4 photos in it, the photos don't show, the title and the subtitle are wrong (these are the titles from my Lightroom published gallery, which I'm using as a template), when I click galleries, there's no picture showing. I cannot figure out where these options are set and I'm completely confused.

Last edited by Memodeth (2015-08-05 05:28:24)

#2 2015-08-05 02:26:33

rod barbee
Website

Re: Cannot set up the Publisher

are you trying to use the default album in Publisher? If so, delete it and try creating a new album.

if that's not it, can you outline the steps you've taken?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-08-05 02:58:47

Memodeth

I was able to fix the photos not showing issue by creating a new template. I still have the following issues:

The publish button is greyed out when I change the order of photos, is there a work around to force publish changes? (Removing and adding a photo again does not work.)

Also, I still cannot change the heading and subheading. They stay as they are in the template. I don't think I am supposed to create a different template for each album I'm uploading. What should I do to make them adopt the Album info?

Also, where do I set up separate login information for each gallery, so that only people with the login can see the galleries they are allowed to see.

There is a white backdrop showing in the galleries main index. How do I get rid off it?

Last edited by Memodeth (2015-08-05 05:28:16)

#4 2015-08-05 03:35:35

rod barbee
Website

The publish button is greyed out when I change the order of photos, is there a work around to force publish changes? (Removing and adding a photo again does not work.)

did your right-click on any image and choose re-publish?

Also, I still cannot change the heading and subheading. They stay as they are in the template. I don't think I am supposed to create a different template for each album I'm uploading. What should I do to make them adopt the Album info?

do you mean the Heading and Subheading in the Masthead? those are controlled by the template.
The Title and Description are controlled by the album in Publisher.

Also, where do I set up separate login information for each gallery, so that only people with the login can see the galleries they are allowed to see.

make sure the template is Password protection enabled. Then under the Features tab in the Create/Edit Album dialog in Publisher, enable password protection and set the credentials

There is a white backdrop showing in the galleries main index. How do I get rid off it?

that's the page body background.
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _page_body

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer