Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-14 08:15:29

johnshorephoto

phantom albums

I noticed the following problems after installing the new 2.3.0 update (for my in-construction website http://www.jshorephoto.com, but I actually don't know if they existed before:

1.  On the Publisher Admin page, if I "update album files", I'm told that 10 Albums were successfully updated, but I think I only have 7 albums (counting the home page album and the replacement album for the home page album).   

2.  This is probably related: If I search with a liberal search string (e.g., just "a", or even "SOJA", one of the galleries listed under Albums is "Galleries >> Album", but if I don't have an album named Album, and if I click on Album I get {"status":"error","message":"The album could not be found."}"  Such an "Album" is not shown in LR as a Publisher album, and it's not listed on the Galleries page.   This may be crud left over from earlier test albums, but I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

Two other questions about Publisher:

1. How can I "unpublish" an album - i.e., delete it from the server, but not from LR?  In LR, one can delete the album from LR while leaving on the server, but I'm looking for the reverse. 

2. Where is the new setting to provide block text for search template? 

Thanks! 
js

Last edited by johnshorephoto (2015-06-14 08:17:22)

#2 2015-06-14 08:36:28

rod barbee
Website

Re: phantom albums

If you accidentally deleted an album via ftp, the database still thinks it's there. Could that have happened?

Do the albums shown in publisher match up with albums you can see via FTP?

if not, you may need to simply delete the record of the missing albums from the database.
http://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto. … -database/
You can do this yourself or, if you're not comfortable with that, ask Ben do to it for you.

2. Where is the new setting to provide block text for search template?

ttg-be > Publisher Admin > Settings

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-06-14 08:44:01

Ben

Hi js, I can help look into this at the database level. Can you share the TTG be admin via email or PM?

There isn't a way of unpublishing an album in that way. Your best option is to create a named collection with the photos from the album and deleting it as usual.

The setting is in the Publisher settings reachable from the Publisher admin on your website at /ttg-be/publisher/admin

#4 2015-06-14 09:47:09

johnshorephoto

Hi Rod/Ben - Thanks so much for the prompt and detailed responses.  This forum is really helpful to newcomers! 

It is possible that I deleted an album via ftp, and (given the excellent instructions on TTG Tips and Tricks),  I think I would be OK deleting records from the database myself (thanks Ben, for offering to do it).  However, when I click on the phpLiteAdmin link, I get:

"It appears that the PHP directive, 'register_globals' is enabled. This is bad. You need to disable it before continuing."   

Is this something I can fix myself? 

Thanks!

#5 2015-06-14 11:40:14

Ben

That would depend on the host. You may be able to change it back through your control panel, otherwise you may need to contact your host's technical support. One consideration is that if you only delete the albums there will be left over data for photos and the metadata. It won't do any harm but isn't a neat way of removing them.

#6 2015-06-15 02:20:41

johnshorephoto

I've asked my host to change it (I don't think I have access to that).  Regardless, you raise a good point about left over data. 

Given that I've only now started to build out the site (after a lot of experimentation), I think it's best that I reinstall CE4 and start out with a proverbial clean slate.  I'll take your suggestion of creating named collections for my existing albums so that their easy to rebuild if needed. 

Thanks again.

Board footer