Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-13 06:12:14

johnshorephoto

reversing order of albums in the Galleries page

I have been unable to get a reverse sort of the albums shown on the Galleries page of a site I've started building at http://www.jshorephoto.com.  Currently I have three galleries, which I want to have listed in this order:

20150510-border-state-garrett-park
20150422-matt-carly
20141228-gogol-bordello-930

The documentation says to set "$reverseit = false" in the file /lib/autoindex/autoindex-view.php.  However, it's not clear which lib folder is meant.  I first edited what I thought was meant, namely the lib folder on the server in ttg-be/admin/. 

But that didn't work (I did republish everything, and I reset all pages in the Publisher admin page). 

So I edited autoindex-view.php in all the other places I found it.  One the server at:

ttg-be/templates/gallery/js pages galleria-galleria/lib/autoindex  (the template I'm using for CE4 Pages)

ttg-be/templates/gallery/js autoindex/lib/autoindex  (the template I created for auto-index, although I don't think it's relevant to Pages/Galleries)

and in these places locally inUsers/js/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Lightroom/Web Galleries:

CE4-Pages.lrwebengine/lib/resources/autoindex

CE4-Gallery.lrwebengine/lib/resources/autoindex

However, I still get the default sort on my Galleries page (i.e. 20141228-gogol-bordello-930 is shown first)

I'm new at this, so I've likely just overlooked something.  Any help would be appreciated.   Thanks.  js

#2 2015-06-13 07:00:41

rod barbee
Website

Re: reversing order of albums in the Galleries page

the documentation states to set $reversit = true if you want to reverse the order of galleries in the index
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … x_advanced

You'll need to change that line in each index you wish to have reversed album order. So for your Pages installation that should be in the yoursite.com/lib/autoindex/autoindex-view.php file

If you're using an autoindex as an album set template and you wish to have the order reversed, then change the /ttg-be/templates/autoindex/name-of-template/lib/autoindex/autoindex-view.php file.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-06-13 07:40:53

johnshorephoto

Re: reversing order of albums in the Galleries page

Thanks Rod.  Actually, despite what I wrote (copied from the wrong place), I did set "$reversit = true" in all of the places I listed. 

But I did not change it yoursite.com/lib/autoindex/autoindex-view.php!  Once I did, the reverse sort worked as described. 

Many thanks.   

The documentation (which you cited and which is what I was working from) just says change it in  /lib/autoindex/autoindex-view.php,  No doubt CE4 experts know that means to do it in yoursite.com, but for a relative newcomer that's hard to figure out.  It's confusing, for example, since the documentation is general for autoindex rather than specific for Pages,.  Since there's a  /lib/autoindex/autoindex-view.php  in ttg-be/admin, I figured that would be most general, which is why I changed it there.

I'm assuming that setting "$reversit = true" in all of the other places I mentioned is harmless - i.e., will just result in a reverse sort in other autoindex uses.   If that's not the case, please let me know.

Thanks again for your prompt and helpful response.

js

Board footer