Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-11 06:20:23

mikealex
Website

Missing phone number when using Paypal

I mostly have CE4 Cart working. I'm using the test Paypal API to test and finalize everything before going live.

The last problem (I think) is that the buyer's phone number is missing from the order confirmation e-mails. There is a field for it, but it isn't filled in. The phone number field is also empty in the order details in cart admin. i've double checked my test user account on Paypal, and it does have a phone number there.

Many shippers, including the one I'll be using, require a phone number now so this is going to cause problems.

...Mike

#2 2015-05-11 10:50:46

mikealex
Website

Re: Missing phone number when using Paypal

I think I figured it out. In the Paypal seller tools, there is an option to require the buyer's phone number. By default it is off.
I've turned it on, which I think will cause the phone number to be included.

I can't find a similar option the Paypal sandbox, so I'm still not able to get the phone number in the test environment. Hopefully once I go live it will all work.

Once I'm ready to go live, I'll setup a discount code so I can buy a print from myself for $1 and see if it works then.

...Mike

Board footer