Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-22 23:00:26

Samoreen
Website

Upgrading from TTG Pages v3 + TTG Highslide CE v3

Hi,

I'm currently running an old version of TTG Page (3.7.3 ) and TTG CE Highslide (3.1.5) and I'd like to upgrade to CE4. With these old versions, I only needed PHP on my host. Now I see in the CE4 Pages requirements that the SQLite and PDO PHP extensions are needed. Is that correct or a mistake in the Requirements description for CE4 Pages ?

Also, automatic indexation of new galleries was included in these old TTG Pages + TTG Highslide packages (that is, uploading a new gallery to a new subfolder automatically generated a new entry in my Galleries page). Should I now get the CE4 Publisher package to get this feature ?

Thanks in advance.

Patrick

#2 2015-04-22 23:14:15

rod barbee
Website

Re: Upgrading from TTG Pages v3 + TTG Highslide CE v3

Now I see in the CE4 Pages requirements that the SQLite and PDO PHP extensions are needed. Is that correct or a mistake in the Requirements description for CE4 Pages ?

that is correct. They are needed for the new backend (ttg-be)

Also, automatic indexation of new galleries was included in these old TTG Pages + TTG Highslide packages (that is, uploading a new gallery to a new subfolder automatically generated a new entry in my Galleries page). Should I now get the CE4 Publisher package to get this feature ?

not needed, but Publisher does make life easier smile

I'll also note that I've found that Pages 3.7.3 will not load in LR6/CC on my system (Windows 7 Pro). Nor does Highslide CE 3.1.5.
Could be that it still works on Mac, I just don't know.
Just in case you were thinking of upgrading to the latest Lightroom

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-04-22 23:23:20

Samoreen
Website

rod barbee wrote:

Just in case you were thinking of upgrading to the latest Lightroom

Thanks Rod,

Too late :-( . I installed LR CC, tested everything except the Web module, uninstalled LR5 and also noticed afterwards that these old versions of TTG Pages and Highslide CE had a problem with the new internal web viewer of LR. The symptom is that the gallery page is briefly (and correctly) displayed but is immediately replaced with a blank window. However, when using the "Preview in browser..." button, everything appears to be correct. So I guess I can still work in semi-blind mode.

Anyway, I'm not sure that my web hosting service supports the SQLite/PDO extensions for PHP. In which case, this would mean bye-bye to TTG. Sigh!

Last edited by Samoreen (2015-04-22 23:24:02)

Patrick

#4 2015-04-22 23:29:20

rod barbee
Website

I would be surprised if they didn't support the TTG requirements. They're pretty common.
If they don't, changing hosting isn't hard to do wink

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2015-04-22 23:58:35

Samoreen
Website

rod barbee wrote:

I would be surprised if they didn't support the TTG requirements. They're pretty common.

Yes, the required extensions are supported. I just ran a quick PHP test script. Well, It seems that it's now time to have a closer look at CE4...

Patrick

Board footer