Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-12 03:07:02

blpalmer

What TTG products do I need?

I need to create galleries that have intermixed stills and videos for a medical school lab guide. It sounds like Stage will do this. Is there any other products I need in addition? Any suggestions?

#2 2013-01-12 04:47:30

rod barbee
Website

Re: What TTG products do I need?

Stage can display a single picture, a flash gallery, a video (Vimeo, YouTube, HTML5), a slide show (several options), or customized content via phplugins.

To display a selection of separate images, look at Highslide, Photoswipe, Horizon, and Client Response Gallery.
Only Client Response Gallery can mix still and video (Vimeo based video I believe)

You can create separate video galleries by using Stage to host the videos and AutoIndex to create the "gallery" of videos.

AutoIndex can also hold your regular galleries. So you could have an autoindex page that has links to your still galleries and links to your videos.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2013-01-12 05:09:38

blpalmer

Still not sure how I would do what I need. Should have given more information. I have an example at http://anatomyresources.hsc.wvu.edu/min … large.html
that I created with Lightroom 4, as a standard HTML web gallery, and a mix of stills and video. When I exported the site Lightroom replaced the videos with their jpeg. I then when into the individual HTML pages and replaced the <image> tag with the appropriate <video> tag. But every time I update the web gallery I have to hand code the video pages again. Will Auto Index and Stage let me put this type of gallery together?

#4 2013-01-12 07:53:43

rod barbee
Website

I'm not sure that the web module can output video, you'd have to do just what you're doing and place them by hand, so to speak.

with Autoindex and Stage you can have a page that has thumbnails. These thumbnails are linked to the individual Stage pages that contain the videos.

On that same Autoindex page you can also have thumbnails that are links to your still galleries.

What many photographers do is have a Galleries page for their still image galleries and a Videos page for their videos. Each of those pages are an autoindex page.

Matt's got some examples. For instance, here's an Autoindex page that contains a bunch of examples of Stage deployment. Some are videos, some demonstrate other uses of Stage. The point is, you can imagine all of them as links to videos. Or they could be links to galleries as well (like Highslide or Photoswipe).
http://ce2.theturninggate.net/galleries/ttg-ce2-stage/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2013-01-12 15:07:19

Matthew
Administrator
Website

The Web module CANNOT output video.

The only option we offer for mixing stills and video into a single gallery is TTG CE2 Client Response Gallery. This allows you to put links to Vimeo videos into your image metadata, and to have those images automatically replaced by those Vimeo videos in the exported gallery.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#6 2013-01-15 02:24:36

blpalmer

Thanks Rod and Matthew for your quick replies. Looking around the web, TTG was highly recommended and was the closest and most flexible option out there. It looks like my only choice at this time is hand coding. I need to have sequentially intermixed stills and video so separate galleries won't work. Vimeo is not a suitable choice for this type of video (content also includes gross dissections which are not allowed by our policy to be placed on external servers). Don't know how hard it would be to create a custom Lightroom template that would make it easier, maybe in combination with a Dreamweaver template to replace the video's poster jpg with the video files?

Again, thanks for your help.
Bruce

Board footer