Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-19 09:27:09

HvTFoto
Website

Display of ID and Caption in cart

Almost done with my set-up but there are a few things that I haven't been able to figure out how to fix.

When selecting the cart (whether from the thumbnail or the highslide picture) to add a photo, the pop-up window displays a small version of the selected photo together with the Product Attributes (size and paper quality). The "title" in the pop-up window display the Product name ("Photos"), i.e. the name of the schedule with the Product Attributes. I would like the pop-up window to display ID (filename) and title (caption) of the selected photo (had this working in CE2). Is this possible? ID and caption is displayed on the summary page (the page were you review your order before check-out) so the info as such is there albeit not displayed in the pop-up window.

Any help/input is highly appreciated.

Regards

Hans

#2 2015-04-06 23:55:06

rod barbee
Website

Re: Display of ID and Caption in cart

if you want the cart Item Name to be the file name, change that in Image Info : Cart Item Name

if using Publisher you'll need to also change it in Output Settings > Publisher Settings republish the images.

Another field (for caption) is not included in the pop-up.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-04-07 08:07:08

HvTFoto
Website

Thanks but I don't really understand. I guess that you're referring to the settings in the CE4cart LR-plug-in. In image info as well as Publisher I have the setting "caption" in the Cart Item Name boxes but the caption (Lion 1, Lion 2 etc) is not displayed. If I can't have both the filename and the caption I prefer the caption as my file naming convention is unrelated to the content of the photo. The caption is displayed with the thumbnail but when clicking on the thumb to order a picture the pop-up box just states "photos" and I find that a bit confusing.

#4 2015-04-07 08:23:37

rod barbee
Website

I was referring to the settings in Gallery > Image Info and the Publisher Settings in Gallery > Output Settings.

are you using Publisher?
are you using the latest versions of Gallery, Publisher, and TTG-BE?
Can you provide links?

In my test site, using Publisher, I can set Filename or Caption or Title or whatever as the Cart Item Name. I do have to republish the images every time I changed it though.
Did you know that you can concatenate metadata fields? So that in the Cart Item Name you could have filename and caption if you wish. Just choose "Edit" from the drop down and add whatever you need, then save as a new preset.
If using Publisher, then add the needed token in the Publisher Settings section.

(for some reason, if I use an uploaded gallery rather than a Publisher album, the Cart Item Name is always the file name without extension. Haven't quite figured that one out yet)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-04-08 05:38:54

HvTFoto
Website

Rod,

In the Gallery Image Info as well as in the Publisher setting I have caption and {caption} respectively as the Cart Item Name. I use Publisher (2.2.1), CE4 (6.1.5), Cart (3.0.5) and TTG-BE (2.0.3) and I believe that the versions I use are the latest.

I've tried your suggestions but I just can't get it to work (I even fiddled with the filename setting in Publisher to no avail). I experience the same when uploading a gallery directly, i.e. without using publisher.

My website is still only in Swedish but the following link will get you to one of the carts and as the only difference from a cart in English is the language it should be fairly easy for you to have a look: www.hvtfoto.se/portfolios/kattdjur. If you add one of the pictures to the cart the pop-up box will let you pick size and quality. A small picture/thumbnail is displayed and the pop-up box reads "Fotografi/fotografier" (that's what I'm offering) but there is no filename and/or caption identifying the photo. If you then go to view the cart you'll see that the caption. e.g. Tiger 1, Indien, is displayed. If an order is actually placed, the order email and the client order confirmation email displays both the filename and the caption.

Reason for edit: Tried to include screenshots but failed and deleted that part of the message.

Last edited by HvTFoto (2015-04-08 05:42:32)

#6 2015-04-08 05:50:53

rod barbee
Website

actually, the Cart Item name is there. It's just that the text is the same color as the background of Add to Cart box so that it appears invisible.
The pop-up takes the text styling from the gallery. Since your gallery text is white, so is this particular text. You have two options. Change the color of the gallery text (can be done in Lightroom) or change the color of the pop-up background, which needs to be done with custom css

see this thread for more on that: http://community.theturninggate.net/top … howing-up/

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2015-04-08 05:55:21

HvTFoto
Website

Thanks! I'm just happy that you can't see me blushing.

//Hans

#8 2015-04-08 06:17:08

rod barbee
Website

Not to worry. This isn't the first time it's happened and it's not something that's obvious. I initially had the exact same problem with my old site: dark background with nearly white text. Fortunately I could barely sort of see the light text against a white background and knew what to do to fix it.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer