Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-17 22:58:30

jzphoto

Response only stored in browser

I've launched a CRG gallery via Publisher and I'm not seeing the responses/feedback in BE. They seem to be only stored on the browser

Sample Album http://jzphoto.com/clients/album_review/jillandmarcus

Login is guest/guest

One possible issue is that there is no Submit Feedback button (long story). I've asked clients to just email me when they are done making comments.

#2 2015-03-17 23:04:50

jzphoto

Re: Response only stored in browser

Update. I hit refresh and now I see that feedback has been entered but I don't see the actual feedback notes.

#3 2015-03-17 23:08:20

jzphoto

To clarify I'm trying to see the comments that one would make after clicking on the "pencil" icon and hitting"save"

#4 2015-03-18 20:04:11

Ben

Hi, I've had a look.  What I can 'see' is that the status bar, which includes the submission link, is invisible.  The items are there, but not shown.  I was able to submit feedback by clicking the right-most clickable area.  Did you receive the test submission that I made? 

Matt will probably need to look at this to advise on why the icons in the status bar aren't showing.

#5 2015-03-18 21:46:00

rod barbee
Website

it looks to me that you have the status bar background-color and the icon color set the same. Change one or the other and the items in the status bar should show up.

The status bar colors are controlled in Output Settings > Status Bar

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#6 2015-03-19 01:19:18

jzphoto

Ben I've hidden the nav bar just to keep it simple. Yes I did get your feedback email.

My hope is that when a client makes a comment on an image via the "pencil" icon it will be saved to my server and I can see it in BE. Do they need to send a Feedback form for me to do this?

Overall I'm confused about when comments from galleries launched with Publisher are saved to the serve or just the browser.

#7 2015-03-19 08:55:29

Ben

That is not how CRG works. The model is: client visits your gallery, completes feedback, submits feedback. You view the feedback for an album. By hiding the status bar you are breaking the functionality of the gallery.

#8 2015-03-19 11:14:19

jzphoto

Ok I understand now.

How about if a client is working on comments for an album but doesn't send feedback right away. During this period the comments are only stored on their browser correct?

#9 2015-03-19 11:16:55

rod barbee
Website

if a client is logged in (a CRG managed album) and creates feedback, they can come back later, log in again, and continue where they left off.

If it's a stand-alone, non-publisher, non-client managed, then if they don't submit feedback, they'll lose the work they've done.

It's all explained here: http://theturninggate.net/2015/02/clari … e-gallery/

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2015-03-19 11:44:14

Ben

Technically, all feedback is stored on the server, for each interaction of a gallery irrespective of crg-managed or standalone. However there is no function to view any of that feedback until the feedback has been submitted.

#11 2015-03-19 23:24:19

jzphoto

Ok. But when I clear my browser and log back into the gallery the comments are lost. Likewise if I log into the gallery from another computer the comments don't show up.

Even if comments are saved somewhere they don't seem to be retrievable without the browser cache.

Do I understand this correctly or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again for the help.

#12 2015-03-19 23:38:21

rod barbee
Website

how are you logging in? Feedback is saved for CRG managed albums. That is, you've assigned an album to a client in the ttg-be/crg back end and they're using their email and password to log in.

Also, when feedback is submitted it may be cleared from the browser, depending on what you've set for Post Submission Actions in CRG Settings

If you're using the Password protection feature (either in an uploaded gallery or from the Features tab of an album), then feedback isn't saved between sessions.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#13 2015-03-20 06:46:29

Ben

Here's how it works:

Standalone galleries

1. Client visits page gallery.  The CRG created a temporary session ID that ties the currently viewed album to the database.
(2. Optionally logs in through standard gallery password protection.)
3. Provides feedback per item.  This saves the feedback in the database associated with the temporary session id.  At this point the feedback is only saved for technical purposes.  We don't know who the client is, and the feedback session is incomplete (not submitted) so not available for viewing in the back-end.
(4. Optionally, client reloads page, or changes pages in the gallery.  Feedback remains in page.  If client closes and reopens window, the session ID is lost, and we're back to step 1, as though visiting the gallery for the first time.)
5. Client submits feedback.  Personal details are provided, and matched to the previously entered feedback.  Emails go out and you're able to view the client feedback in the back-end.

It's important to note that feedback will be lost if the client closes the window before submitting feedback.  This is expected behaviour of interaction with web browsers.

CRG-managed galleries

1. Client visits page gallery.  Client is redirected to CRG login page.
2. Client logs in.  Redirected back to gallery
3. Provides feedback per item.  This saves the feedback in the database associated with client.  The feedback session is incomplete (not submitted) so not available for viewing in the back-end.
(4. Optionally, client reloads page, or changes pages in the gallery.  Feedback remains in page.  If client closes and reopens window, the login is lost, and we're back to step 1, ready to login again.  If feedback had previously been entered then this will again be visible in the gallery.)
5. Client submits feedback.  No need to provide personal details as these are already matched in the back-end.  Emails go out and you're able to view the client feedback in the back-end.

Alternative CRG-managed login

1. Client visits ttg-be/crg/
2. Client logs in
3a. If only assigned one gallery, redirected to that gallery
3b. If assigned more than one gallery, directed to a list of assigned galleries

Board footer