Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-16 15:23:16

hjrw

Site Broken

I am at wits end...   I have been running my site in test mode with a domain name that I listed in Pages.

www.caddinfo.com/photo-now

I set up an "Add-On Domain" (GoDaddy, cPanel) www.photographs-now.com that "points" to caddinfo.com/photo-now.

Now the images that appear in my autoindices are random, even though in Publisher they are shown as referencing the correct photos.  I am not sure what else is broken, but in general, my entire site no longer functions correctly.  Under CE3, I was able to assign several domains to the site with no issues.  I was planning on assigning several other domains to the site as well, but now have no idea what happened so I cannot even begin to repair it.

Any assistance would be appreciated.  I was ready to go live, that's why I assigned my real domain name.  But now it appears that I must basically start over from scratch and rebuild every page.  (Although when it comes to autoindex images, I can't even do that, since it appears to have the correct image assigned.

#2 2015-03-16 15:35:57

hjrw

Re: Site Broken

I was hoping to just be able to "point" several domain names to the site using the base "caddinfo.com/photo-now" address within TTG, but now I cannot.  As an example, I wanted to point a domain to my Route 66 page directly and have the site continue to work, but that does not seem to be possible.  It is like I will need to create duplicate websites on the host to support that.  Am I missing something?

My frustrating issue right now is that all of the work I did creating 200x200 pixel images for the autoindex is wasted, since it will no longer select the image that is listed in Publisher for the autoindex.

#3 2015-03-16 21:20:26

rod barbee
Website

I'm not seeing random images on your Galleries page or any of the indexes within.

can you point to specific indexes that have problems?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2015-03-17 14:54:53

hjrw

As I mentioned above, the problem somehow corrected itself.  I am not sure what I did to correct it.  I ended up editing all of my autoindex and gallery templates to reflect the http://photographs-now.com/ and edited all of the Publisher pages using the new template.  I was hoping not to have to do that, but all seems fine now.

All I can think is that the random image issue was corrected when I updated the Pages host name to reflect the photographs-now address.  It was confusing, since all of the images that are in the "custom-thumbnails" folder appeared in Publisher Edit, and the correct image was shown as selected (and had a check mark in the list), although random images from the gallery were being selected.

All seems OK now.   Sorry for the rant!  I was really frustrated with the random images.

Where I have embedded links to other pages on the site within my page copy, I am now using the entire path (http://photographs-now.com/...  That is working reliably I think.

On another note, I am placing a copyright notice on all of the photos.  I have included a couple of images that are things like National Park maps in my galleries.  Is there any way to selectively not place a copyright notice on these images?

Thanks,
-Herschel

#5 2015-03-17 20:17:55

rod barbee
Website

What I've done when I've needed to omit the watermark is to initially not publish the images in the collection that don't need the watermark. Then, after all the other images have been published, edit the Publisher settings to uncheck the Watermark box, and publish the remaining images.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#6 2015-03-18 03:43:31

hjrw

Thanks!  I'll try that.

Board footer