Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-16 23:45:34

eveall

Image Captions

I have checked image captions and titles in image info.  They appear in both the thumbnail and the large version in the preview pane, but when the template is used through publisher, the titles are not in either location on the web page for the album.

#2 2015-03-17 00:37:28

rod barbee
Website

Re: Image Captions

In your template have you set up the metadata in Output Settings > Publisher Setup > Metadata Outlets: Metadata 1 and 2?
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … ata_tokens

Have you republished images after making any changes to a template?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-03-17 01:08:20

eveall

Yes, Metadata 1 is set as {Title} and Metatdata 2 {Caption} but it's always been like that.
I've finally finished creating my templates and this is the first gallery that isn't a test.

Last edited by eveall (2015-03-17 01:13:42)

#4 2015-03-17 01:09:56

rod barbee
Website

did you republish any affected images or was this for a new album. Links to problem pages always help.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-03-17 01:16:03

eveall

It's a new album.  Here's the link: http://svphoto.ca/proofs/2014060501/
Email me@nomail.com
pswrd: 1234

Also just noticed the watermarking is not there, despite it being in the template and seeing it in the web module preview window.  In publisher it's set as managed by lightroom.

Last edited by eveall (2015-03-17 01:55:12)

#6 2015-03-17 02:17:58

rod barbee
Website

In the page code I can see that there's a place for Metadata 1 in the thumbnails (not Metadata2 though). But there is no metadata for it.

I can only suggest double checking that both Metadata1 and Metadata2 are enabled in Site Info and that in Output Settings > Publisher Setup > Metadata Outlets that you have the correct tokens in Metadata 1 and Metadata 2 (not to be confused with the Feedback Metadata)
Export the template and upload again.
In Publisher, re-publish all the images. Also make sure you're using the correct template.

For Watermarking, be sure you've got Watermarking checked in Publisher set up
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … r_settings

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2015-03-17 04:53:05

eveall

Here's what the template looks like: http://svphoto.ca/ttg-be/templates/gallery/proofing/
Watermark is there as are titles.  Obviously this is a publisher issue, but what?

#8 2015-03-17 05:24:10

eveall

Got the watermarking to work, but still no titles.

http://svphoto.ca/proofs/testkk/

Should i just call it a day and say forget about Publisher?  I updated to CE4 for the functionality of clients being able to save their feedback, from day to day, but at this point...

#9 2015-03-17 05:55:31

rod barbee
Website

no, don't call it a day.

When you changed settings in Lightroom and exported, did you overwrite the existing export? Or did you create a new one?

The template that you're using is named proofing_new. I just want to make sure that you've made changes to that particular template, because I'm not seeing any of the metadata fields showing up in the page source except for Metadata1 in the image thumbnails, and there's no data in that element.
And I believe that even if you didn't have the metadata set up for Publisher in Output Settings, I'd still be able to at least see the html elements that would contain that metadata. And I'm not, except for the one I mentioned.

So I'm wondering if you're creating and uploading new templates but not choosing the right one in Album Edit/Setup

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2015-03-17 06:04:36

eveall

rod barbee wrote:

When you changed settings in Lightroom and exported, did you overwrite the existing export? Or did you create a new one? The template that you're using is named proofing_new.

Yes, i created a new template called profiling new and used that.  I deleted the old client page via my ftp client and published the new one in it's place, completely fresh.  I don't understand why there's no data in the metadata1.  I've checked both and and made sure that they are in the output settings.

I'm just a little frustrated.  I've spent two days on this and can't really afford to spend more.  I've got the look i want, but just can't get it to work properly.

#11 2015-03-17 06:29:16

eveall

Still nothing.  Used new template, new folder, still na-da.

http://svphoto.ca/proofs/kktest2/

#12 2015-03-17 06:47:34

rod barbee
Website

now I can see both list items that should contain the metadata. But again, no metadata. Every time I've seen this in the past it's been either because images weren't republished, there was an error in filling out the metadata tokens, or there as no metadata in the fields to begin with.

So here's a perhaps stupid question, but at the moment it's the only one I can think of. If you've got {Title} and {Caption} in Metadata1 and Metadata2 in the Publisher settings, do you also have the Title and Caption metadata fields filled out in the Library Module for each image?

I went directly to one of the pictures in the gallery and downloaded it and looked at the properties. There is all sorts of metadata attached: Author, Camera, f-stop, etc. But two fields are empty: Title and Subject (caption). And if these are the fields you're trying to display in the thumbnail metadata, it's no wonder you're not seeing anything.

If you need to add the metadata in the Library module, be sure to republish any affected images

If you want, you can create a user template from the Template Browser and either put it on line and supply a link to it, or email it to me (email link under my name to the left) I'll take a look at it and see if I can spot anything obvious.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#13 2015-03-17 08:19:57

eveall

Ha, not a stupid question at all.  Yup, it's blank.  I use filename instead.  I'll give that a try.  Still strange that I can see it properly in the template when there is one picture.  I'll let you know.

#14 2015-03-17 09:02:40

eveall

So, that was it.  I changed a whole bunch of things to {filename} instead and now it appears.  It appears on the top and the bottom of the large images so I'll need to figure out what's going on there, but at any rate that was it. 

Just goes to show there are no stupid questions, only stupid people smile

BTW, checked out your website Rod...nice work!

Cheers

Last edited by eveall (2015-03-17 09:05:02)

#15 2015-03-17 09:14:04

rod barbee
Website

Thanks!

For the large images in Highslide, the Title is on the top and the Caption is on the bottom. On my site I placed the {Filename} token in Title and the {Caption} token in Caption

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer